Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 3

I think the forum is buggin’

It’s saying 3 people hearted my post but only 2 appear…

I’m pretty bad at math but…

5 Likes

Maybe both my personalities liked it. I can’t always be sure :crazy_face:

6 Likes

My hunch is they’ll speak to that by then, or by the 8 month mark at least. They’ll have more data to make decisions.

Looking at the wording of the FDA EUA, I think the offering of an additional dose to those immunocompromised is for 12 and up, so the vast remainder of the other 12-18s should be adequately covered for now. (And I think the CDC guidance says something like “immunocompromised or equivalent” so that gives doctors some wiggle room for similar situations.)

That sounded like some pictures I was looking at recently. Are they like this?

1 Like

That has most definitely been going around in this area, especially for kids in daycare.

No, not really, and they’re just on the lips not on the skin around the mouth. I was reading about lip/mouth rash with Covid but she doesn’t have any pain or sores inside the mouth. So hopefully it is just nothing. We picked up some Carmex and that is helping sooth them at least. I think it’s been driving her nuts.

3 Likes

Oh, well, crap.

1 Like

It could be West Indian lilac. That’s pharmacological - from local plant life.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s actually a good thing? I mean, yeah, disappointing for everyone involved. But with masks just “highly recommended”, I wasn’t feeling great about the concert. And since the twins are in different classes, we were going to attend both nights. Seems like a potential spreader event depending on audience choices. Sigh.

1 Like

Lol. “I’ll trump @amvanhoose_701479 ’s Dr Wikipedia with Dr Universal Studios.”

1 Like

What percentage of 18 year olds are honest with their parents about this question??? I’m generalizing, not making this specific about your daughter.

2 Likes

I have these type of thoughts every time DS17 starts telling me how stupid vaping (or whatever) is.

“I like what you’re saying, but…” :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

DD6 had HFM when she was 8 months old. Pediatrician told us HFM looks worse than it actually is. DD had a fever for a couple days and sores for about a week and then was fine.

The incident is a sore subject in our family. We were at dinner with family for my mother in law’s 65th bday. I said to my brother in law when we arrived that my niece looked sick. He said “She’s fine. It’s from teething.” I whispered to my wife “Your sister doesn’t realize it, but our niece is coming down with something. You can see it in her eyes.” Next day, my niece woke up with a fever and sores … HFM. A couple days later DD6 was sick with it. There is a photo from that night with both kids on my mother-in-law’s lap. I call that the photo the “scene of the crime”.

8 Likes

If it was DD21 I would not really believe it. But DD18 seemingly has little or no interest in boys (or girls) romantically. I kind of think she will never get married or even have a significant relationship, but she might surprise me. She’s just very self-contained. In a good way.

5 Likes

I wish that this had been my real lived experience. The few times we’ve had HFM run through my kids they have generally stopped eating and drinking almost entirely. My son had it so terribly that he quit talking all together for the duration ( like a week). I can’t think of an illness that was more stressful than HFMD. (I mean, sick kids are always stressful, but I loathe HFMD.)

2 Likes

Yes, we had HFM run through our house a few months ago (and impetigo at the same time). It looked horrible and was horrible! Kids spiked 103-104 fevers, mouth sores, woke up crying from hurting hands/feet… it was awful!

1 Like

This forum is like the oracle for my upcoming children’s illnesses. I just heard there was a case of HFM in sons daycare… just after the previous discussion of RSV…

2 Likes

Oh man, hope your son doesn’t don’t get it! We’ve had both from daycare this year :weary:

Oh, dear Lord. :cry: :broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

This is what very low risk results in when it’s scaled up to include every kid in the state.

I will never, ever understand why Texas couldn’t keep mitigations in place until at least kids could be vaccinated. :disappointed:

4 Likes

:cry::cry::cry:

2 Likes