Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 2

My work dropped the mask requirement for vaccinated individuals in the office a week and a half ago. It’s an honor system. I still see a lot of masks when I go in, so people are doing the right thing or still being cautious.

I still have to wear a mask to do a home visit with a family, which makes sense and I’m fine with.

3 Likes
2 Likes

As of June 1 my office (which I haven’t been at since March 2020) will allow anyone that is fully vaccinated (2 weeks after last dose) to go w/o a mask. They are not asking to show proof and anyone that prefers to wear a mask is welcome to do so.

They are keeping reduced meeting room capacities and social distancing to accommodate for those not yet vaccinated.

3 Likes

My workplace continues to call for masks for all when distancing is not possible. We’re grappling with this issue. People will be unhappy no matter which way we go. People are also being called back from telework to the office (I’ve been in person all along, but just returned from my remote location) by the end of June. Basically everyone is unhappy about something. It’s going to be a great summer. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Isn’t that a sign that everything is back to normal again? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A friend wants to visit grandma, who’s in a retirement home out of state, for a few days. Home is open and accepting visitors again; it even has a few rooms that people can rent, like a hotel. Majority if not all residents are vaccinated. Friend is traveling with 2 preteens, and all 3 will be fully vaccinated. He wonders if it’s safer for the elderly residents if they stay on site or if they get a hotel. I just didn’t know what to say. Is it less safe to risk bringing hotel germs into the retirement home, or it it less safe to stay onsite and…just breathe and talk?

I saw at one point that there was some talk about not being able to donate plasma if you got the Covid vaccine. I saw this article today.

3 Likes

I was shocked to get an email yesterday saying masks are no longer required for vaccinated individuals in the office. Granted, right now there are still only a small amount of employees onsite and the majority of us still work from home, but I work for a health insurance company. I figured we would be one of the last to lift the requirement. But they did say they will be basing their decisions (removing masks, getting more into the office) based off the number of vaccinated employees, so I’m assuming our numbers must be pretty good.

2 Likes

Our state has lifted the mask mandate for fully vaccinated individuals, but un-vaccinated people are required to mask until 6/20 (our state’s birthday). Our state vaccination rate for all eligible residents is 46.7%, but 75% of the people I see are mask-less. My office is in a hotel where 100% of the non-staff are from out of state. The only people wearing masks are the employees. Even though I’m fully vaccinated, I’ll keep masking up because I have a 10yo that can’t receive the vaccine yet.

3 Likes

Do you know what the percentage of adults that are vaccinated or is that the 46.7%? I know in our state (WA) they break out percentage of total population and percentage of 16+ population. Looking at 16+ is much more encouraging.

According to state regs here (State Labor and Industry Department) we would have to have employees provide an approved type of vaccination record or self-attest to being vaccinated and keep a written record or log. And only those who do this (provide the record or self-attest) could go mask-less. We have not yet done anything, but most are not in the office yet.

These are yesterday’s numbers as our state dashboard doesn’t update until 10am EST
12+ - at least 1 dose: 57.5%
12+ - fully vaccinated: 46.7%
65+ - at least 1 dose: 83.2%
65+ - fully vaccinated: 73.6%
total state population-at least 1 dose: 50.0%
total state population-fully vacccinated: 40.6%
Total state includes under 12 that can’t yet receive vaccine. They’ve estimated that 40% of our eligible state residents will refuse to take the vaccine. Based on yesterday’s %, we are almost at max on vaccinated residents in the state of WV given that estimate.

It’s interesting because Washington is pretty far from WV both geographically and politically, but our total population fully vaxxed is 41.22%. Pretty darn close to WV. We don’t look at 12+ on our state dashboard so can’t compare that number as easily. I’ve been wondering when/if they’ll change the dashboard to reflect that 12+ can be vaccinated now. Right now 51.36% full vaxxed in the 16+ population.

1 Like

CA gets creative to get more people vaccinated. Get your COVID vaccine and get entered to win one of ten $1.5 million prizes. Previously vaccinated people will automatically get entered into the lottery. How many Disney trips can I do with $1.5 million after taxes?:joy: Forget the 2 months in FL! I can take a leave of absence and stay a year!

About 56% of Californian have at least one dose of the vaccine. Vaccines are easily available as walk ins everywhere.

4 Likes

New Englanders want their lives back!

3 Likes

The Red Cross website says those who have had the vaccine may donate blood. But it can not be used as convalescent plasma.

3 Likes

For us, it’s June 15 for the most part. I’ve cheated a bit for the past few weeks. I don’t wear a mask in parking lots anymore, unless I can’t social distance. Come to think about it, I‘ll admit that I haven’t worn a mask walking in my neighborhood in about a year. We have plenty of space and it’s like hiking in high altitude with our hills!

Does MA have a date yet?

A true sign that the end of pandemic is near
:wink::wink::wink:

9 Likes

That is strange, as it looks like they spoke with the Red Cross. Is one part not communicating with the other?

I think what they are saying, is if you’ve had COVID-19 and the vaccine, go ahead and give blood, but they won’t be able to use your blood to help those suffering with Covid in the ICUs.

If you had COVID-19, and not had the vaccine, your blood can help Covid patients in the ICU.

New York is going to give full ride college scholarships away to teenagers who get vaccinated…

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/ny-vaccinated-teens-enter-raffle-free-college-77920161

4 Likes