Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 2

More great news - they will vaccinate parents at the school as well! I hope this encourages the undocumented families to get their shots.

10 Likes

I am fully vaccinated, as of today (YAY). It is still unclear to me what danger I am to others. I think from what Iā€™ve read I can still pass it on to my (unvaccinated for now) children, if I was exposed.

This is still a grey area to me, which is why the vaccinated wife and I are still being cautious. I would be uncomfortable indoors without a mask until I hear otherwise.

9 Likes

Who are classified as still vulnerable? Asking genuinely. Would these be people with risk-factors that are also at risk for the vaccine, and also vulnerable children? In the US are there any adult groups not allowed to have the vaccine if they want it?

They are not waiving photo ID here.

This is probably going to make me more unpopular than I already am, but here goes:

Having masks off in the outdoor areas and asking for them to be in place indoors is likely very doable.
Most rides have people at the entrance to lines anyway, IIRC.
They could sell masks in carts in each land and people could be directed to those if they didnā€™t have one.
Truly at-risk people are most likely not going to WDW right now, and as long as the CMs have had the chance to be vaccinated if they want them, all the other guests have decided that the benefit of visiting WDW outweigh the risks. AND - as ppehap states, they can still wear a mask.

I think relaxing outdoors could be right around the corner for WDW.

3 Likes

I guess Iā€™m only thinking of the rare situation of an 11 yr old or younger that canā€™t get vaccinated for awhile, with a condition likely to make covid bad for them (although there are fewer and fewer ways for them to get covid as vaxes increase). I have no idea how many like that are out there or how to weigh their needs and rights to be somewhere vs everyone else who shouldnā€™t have to be restricted anymore.

3 Likes

Undocumented immigrants can get a driverā€™s license or state ID here in Washington. I donā€™t know how easy that is, however.

I think people who canā€™t get the vaccine would be about it, whether age or health condition related

2 Likes

They cannot get one here.

I did not need a photo ID when I got my vaccines at CVS

1 Like

Will Disney have to renegotiate with the union? Or was there a clause saying once CMs could be vaccinated Disney could make changes?

Neither did I but the hospital run site is saying no insurance is needed but you must have a picture ID. I have been told CVS wonā€™t ask if your insurance works?

Ok. Thatā€™s along the lines of what I was thinking too.

Oh, I donā€™t know anything about that.
I just was thinking that if the employees were willing to work with masks until the vaccine was available now they could still wear a mask if they wanted to, but if they were vaccinated they were no longer worried.

Thatā€™s what I was thinking for here. Itā€™s really widely available now in US.

1 Like

You make some good points - if they could figure out the logistics I would be totally for it. To be honest Iā€™m dreading wearing my mask in May/June, but Iā€™m happy to do it if needed / required.

The one thing Iā€™d add is that they may need people to have their masks on at health screening so they could verify upon entry that everyone has an appropriate mask that fits, etc. That would also reduce issues later on in the park of people forgetting theirs in the hotel room, etc.

1 Like

That makes sense to me, but I remember there being a lot of back and forth between the union and Disney, so Iā€™m thinking renegotiation will have to happen.

1 Like

Itā€™s not widely available here, weā€™re doing over 40s at the moment. We have about 55% with st least one vaccine though.

2 Likes

Despite the governorā€™s order, youā€™ll still need a mask in many places

Although Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis ordered an end to government-imposed masking requirements on Monday, the safety protocols put in place by supermarkets, restaurants, hospitals and theme parks during the coronavirus pandemic remain the rule for now.
Read the Latest

incase the link wonā€™t open here are important highlights:
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis wiped out all local COVID-related government restrictions Monday, including mandates in Orange and Seminole counties requiring facial coverings in public, but masks are still required in supermarkets, schools, hospitals, theme parks, airports and many other places.

Privately run restaurants, bars and other businesses can still require them ā€” just as they can require shirts and shoes. State officials also said the governorā€™s order does not apply to Floridaā€™s public schools or colleges nor does its reach extend to federally controlled airports.

But the announcement also noted the governorā€™s order does not prevent those businesses from requiring masks, physical distancing and/or temperature screenings. At many, the safety protocols put in place during the coronavirus pandemic remain the rule for now.

A Walt Disney World Resort app Tuesday advised visitors that the company was aware of Floridaā€™s plans to modify COVID-19 guidelines but noted its parks will ā€œmaintain our current health and safety measures at this time including facial covering requirements.ā€

1 Like

You are right. It is a Union agreement. They would need to negotiate a new agreement or a MOU in my experience.

2 Likes