Coronavirus Outbreak: Part 2

@Jeff_AZ’s :heart:s are special…

Memes and Jokes (Part 1) - #393 by Tall_Paul1

4 Likes

hahaha I forgot about that chart… not gonna’ use it … :laughing:

3 Likes

THANK YOU for finding this. It is so hard to search for. I have finally bookmarked it. :joy:

3 Likes

I could only find it because I randomly remembered my using the word “doctorate” in one of the follow up comments. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

This is hopeful though.

7 Likes

I like remembering special times that make me laugh so hard, like this:

(Post 115-130) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

That is funny! I heart everything too, just spreading positivity! Or negativity, whichever.

3 Likes

These are the numbers I have been watching. My reasoning has been - have I significantly changed my behavior every flu season (other than getting a flu shot?)? No, I have not. Because, for the most part, while the risk of my family contracting the flu has been high (we live in a very densely populated area and spend a lot of the winter inside) the risk of being hospitalized or dying is fairly low.

So, if the vaccines can’t eliminate the possibility of testing positive, but can significantly lower the possibility of significant symptoms and hopefully any long-term negative impacts? That’s enough for me to continue to look towards moving (slowly) back to normal.

3 Likes

Classic! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(But I had almost forgotten about the yin / yang comment! :rage: :rofl:)

1 Like

That was classic @OBNurseNH :joy:

I agree but some scientists are saying we shouldn’t remove the remaining restrictions on 19th July - already delayed from 21st June.

1 Like

Yes, and I will continue to listen to those who know more and understand more than me. It is certainly not yet a forgone conclusion so the question remains as to whether these positive indications mean what we hope they mean.

1 Like

Well some scientists are saying we definitely should open on 19th, and there’s even some saying we should bring it forward to 5th. So even those who know more than us can’t agree.

3 Likes

This is the chart @sanstitre_has_left_the_building posted:

It shows the UK bucking the trend of other similar counties because of our rampant delta variant problem.

However, as @missoverexcited points out, it’s not the whole story.

Here are today’s UK figures:

Huge increase in cases, but trivial (sorry) numbers of deaths.

People wrote COVID off as basically being like the flu. Those people were crazy. But now? It’s looking very flu-like to me.

Time to open up.

4 Likes

I thought of you today walking by men and boys wearing all different sorts of headgear at HS. My fav was a gorgeous young man w/ a sequined Cheshire Cat head band w/ the grin as the bow (he looked like my oldest GS). Again didn’t want to take pic of strangers.

You need to learn the art of the “stealthy”. :laughing:

1 Like

Ah. But there-in lies the rub. If it is allowed to run amok, will it stay that way?

2 Likes

Not to pile on, really! I listened to a report about Long-Haulers on NPR today. This isn’t anything like the flu; these poor souls.

I mean flu-like in numbers. The vaccination strategy is working. COVID is spreading rapidly again. But we’re not seeing a surge in deaths. And a much smaller “surge” in hospital admissions.

There are nastier diseases than COVID and we don’t shut down entire countries for months on end because of them.

5 Likes

oh yes, I see what you mean here!