Coronado Springs or Pop

Looking at a thurs-Sun trip the last week of July.

Usually would do Pop but Coronado Springs was the same price so thinking of trying it out. Will go to the pool so figured nice to have water slide.

Don’t know much about Coronado Springs. Any certain buildings to request. Should we pick it over Pop? Just hoping to get some opinions and suggestions. TIA

I love CS and if the price is the same as Pop I would go there instead, the rooms are bigger, there are more food choices, the grounds are lovely. Pop has the skyliner going for it and that’s about it.

We always request this area b/c of the quiet pool and quick walk to the main pool and building. The quiet pool there also has a laundry.

9 Likes

The main disadvantage of CSR is transport. It’s a sprawling resort and there are multiple bus stops, which for me is always a pain. People love the tower rooms if that is an option, though if you’re getting a deal I’m assuming it’s the casitas.

If you have a car or are fine with walking to / waiting for a bus, it’s a great option.

4 Likes

I love CSR and have no issue walking from one point to another. It is a moderate with deluxe amenities (multiple dining locations, fitness center).

4 Likes

My family describes me as a hotel snob - and I love CSR. I have 3 upcoming stays and at least part of each is at CSR. I would 100% pick that over Pop.

5 Likes

I agree with all of the praise for CSR! It is a lovely resort with some great dining options. And it’s so pretty and walkable! The area recommended for the quiet pool is great because you’re also not far from the Dig Site pool which is one of the most highly rated pools on property!

CSR is actually VERY close to HS and EP, so bus rides there are very short. I agree that the one drawback is the bus being your only option for transport, but I don’t think the multiple stops are bad since you don’t share with any other resort. At lots of other resorts your bus will stop in multiple other locations before heading to the park so it’s kind of the same that way. The one thing to consider is if you’ll have a stroller - then the bus becomes even more of a drag.

I do love the much larger rooms, too. If you can do the Tower, I would 100000% recommend it!

6 Likes

yes, but the area I recommend is an earlier stop, I think the bus stop at the main bldg (tower rooms) is the last stop. But we never had any problems w/ transportation.

4 Likes

I stayed at the Tower and had no trouble with buses either.

Oh the Tower is just GLORIOUS!

6 Likes

That building sounds awesome! How have you gone about requesting that building?

1 Like

For pool time, is there somewhere close to get a non alcoholic specialty drink? Like a frozen drink or special lemonade?

I’ve used the TP room finder but then I will go to the front desk and request the area. We had a standard view on ground floor once that opened up outside the pool gate. It was a king bedroom but it was our favorite room there. The front desk can be very accommodating if you are flexible too.

3 Likes

We love CSR and would pick it over pop as well. We prefer building 8A. We requested it in Oct and did get it. There is an entrance to the dig site just steps away and the bus stop is really close which is great for little tired legs at the end of the night.
Being so close to the dig site pool was great with kids because they have QS food and a drink fill station for your mugs. It was not a far walk to the main buildings either. Just a short beautiful walk accross the bridge. Love walking that resort in the early morning when they just start playing the music.

4 Likes

They have frozen lemonade…with or wothout alcohol at the pool bar :wink: they change the flavors, not sure if it was every day but it was every few days at least. It is a full bar as well.

1 Like

I was going to say this and also that most of the bars/lounges all over property, including at CSR, will offer specialty mocktails :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My son only ate at the pool bar when we were there! He still likes how the food came in a bucket lol

2 Likes

Same here. Hot dogs, Chicken tenders. Nachos and pretzel bites literally all week! Siestas Cantina, for us has the most kids friendly menu out of all the pool bars we have visited. It had the most options there.

1 Like

We stayed in club level and he wouldn’t eat any of the evening food! Every night we trekked to that pool bar.

2 Likes

You all sold me! Booked a room there. $600 total for 3 nights feels like an awesome deal reading all this. Can’t wait! Please keep the tips coming :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I also agree that there’s little difference between the bus stopping at the stops in Coronado, or my bus from yc stopping at bc and boardwalk before going to a park. I loved how Coronado was so close to Epcot and hs too.

4 Likes

That really is!

3 Likes