Coronado Resort Trip, The Year of Our Mouse, 2021

Running around buying flowers for my mom and sis. Sister just retired!

Some areas around here next to the Miami airport used to be pretty sketchy, but very happy to see things are really getting developed nicely with apartments and shopping districts.

21 Likes

Ok but that fresh market looks like it has a giant pack of cigarettes sticking out of it. :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought it looked pretty Kool

4 Likes

I see what you did there :wink:

3 Likes

Quiet but very nice day hanging around with family today. Pool time for DD now.

17 Likes

That’s gorgeous.

2 Likes

Left kids in room, wife and I headed out to get some groceries and cake for my Mom’s birthday and… Someone smashed the windows in all the new Honda CR-Vs and stole the airbags.

So, Doral police are nice.
Waiting for crime scene people to arrive to take photos.
Hoping full glass coverage can fix it quickly

3 Likes

no hearts for that… :worried:

3 Likes

Oh crap. That’s not how you want a vacation to go. I’m sorry.
It can only get better from here. Right? RIGHT?!? :rage:

5 Likes

Oh no! That’s really crappy. I hope it can be fixed quickly.

3 Likes

Oh no! I am so sorry!

2 Likes

I had never even heard of this so i looked it up. Apparently its a major problem in Miami specifically. Crazy!

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

Sonofa

2 Likes

What do they do with the airbags? I assume it must have something to do with the “accelerant” that deploys them. I guess my mind goes right to drugs

3 Likes

That is NOT NICE. :angry:

I hope it gets fixed very quickly. I’m so sorry that happened to your vehicle!!! Crazy.

2 Likes

What’s the old saying? " You can slap some lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig"

That’s so awful. I’m sorry you guys had to encounter that. Hoping they can get it all patched up for the second leg of the trip.

4 Likes

They sell the airbags on the black market. Hondas were disproportionately affected by the big Takata airbag recall and there aren’t enough to go around due to production shortages. So many auto shops are resorting to buying them on the black market.

6 Likes

Holy cow.

3 Likes

No, I’m pretty sure it was a pig

7 Likes

We have had the issue of them taking the airbags and tires off of accords in my city (outside of Boston). My Honda dealership said that they usually damage them. They are also expensive to replace.

I know someone with two Prius’ and someone removed the batteries (?) while the cars were in their driveway. They got in their cars to go to work and both were disabled.

1 Like