Corona-cation 10/30-11/4--I'm adding the details and pictures now

Have fun at MK today! Weather is looking to be just about perfect!

I’m home now, So…here are the details.

EPCOT 11/1: We got on the Skyliner at Pop at 9:45 with no wait. At the CBR station there was a short line. They didn’t let anyone on the Epcot line until right at 10:00. We were on our way at 10:06 (yes, I noted times in my notes on my iphone). Skyliner stopped briefly while we were on it but arrived at IG at 10:21. We walked with purpose and were in line for FEA at 10:33. We were hot and sweaty after that walk. It was a warm day. We were off FEA at 11:01. Went to the bathroom and got water. Sat for a bit and saw Anna and Elsa cavalcade. We then did Spaceship Earth (I submitted by first wait time ever and tried to time all day). I noted the time was 11:30 but don’t remember if that was getting on or off. Next was Living with the Land. In line at 11:48 with a short line that moved the entire time. I did a mobile order for Sunshine Seasons as we were in line for LwtL. I hit I’m here thinking it would be a little bit before it was done but got an immediate “It’s ready” just as the boat left on LwtL. We were eating light lunch by 12:30 and sat for a bit and then went to Seas with Nemo at 1:26. After that we headed to Mexico pavilion. There was a line to get in but it moved constantly. We rode did the boat ride and looked around. DD mentioned that it would be cool to eat in there (San Angel Inn) so I made an ADR at 4:00 for an early dinner. Next we hit Soarin at 2:38. Posted wait time was 20 but we hit a cleaning cycle at 3:00 and the line stopped. Moved again at 3:08. We ended up waiting 35 minutes. I tried submitted my wait time but the app timed out. After Soarin, we had done every attraction we had planned. Mission Space was a hard pass for us and TT was an “if the line is short at some point we will do, but it’s ok to skip”. With the time change the night before, we were up an hour earlier than we normally would have been. Kids were tired and wanted to go to the pool. So that was the plan after dinner at San Angel Inn at 4:00. I’d seen people rave about the queso fundido but it was basically shredded cheese that didn’t melt well with a little chorizo. DD and I shared the Tacos de Ribeye and DS got the cheese quesadillas. I also ordered my favorite blood orange margarita. After dinner we walked around WS from Mexico to Germany and onward to the Skyliner. Without the cultural reps in the countries and no entertainment, WS is blah. We were on the Skyliner at 5:19 and back in the room around 5:30. Epcot didn’t close until 9:00 but there was nothing else we wanted to do. We had hit our attraction goals before 3:00. DS and I went to the pool and DD stayed in the room. Step Count: 18,717, 9.0 miles. DD has most of the pics on her phone so I’ll post all those later. Great day overall.

5 Likes

This was the line at CBR waiting to go to Epcot before 10:00.

3 Likes

![image|375x500]
Cool view at dinner

5 Likes

View from Skyliner of Remy attraction.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Yes!

DHS: November 2.
We had a 7:35 ADR for Trattoria al Forno. Uber from Pop and were the first two tables seated. Breakfast was delicious. DS got two eggs his way, DD got the pancakes–delicious, and I got the open faced Italian omelet and the pressed pot coffee. We took our time eating and were walking to DHS by 8:30. Arrived around 8:45-8:50. Friend and fellow liner and her family were already in line so we jumped in with them. They opened temperature checks right at 9:00. We were off MMRR at 9:15. Quick bathroom break and then on to Rockin Roller Coaster at 9:30. Walked right on. All three of us decided that the back of the ride is way more rough than the front. Taps for the pictures were not in use but photo loaded later automatically. Next a quick, no wait ride on ASS. Off ASS at 9:50 and then we wait for the BGs. Three rides in before park open!

DD and I both tried for BG as did the other family. We are friends on MDE. They had the quickest fingers because DD and I both got “you’ve already joined” message. BG 13–but because other family wasn’t connected directly to my kids, my kids were left off even though DD’s MDE gave her a message that she had already joined a group. Off we go to GET at Rise of the Resistance to add my kids. Two families in front of us. Took about 30 minutes to get kids added. At first CM said she didn’t see that I had a BG but my MDE clearly showed that I did. DD also had screen shot showing message saying she had already joined. CM added the kids and it was already time to Board. This was my third ride on Rise and the kids second. We had ridden in December when they first opened. Off Rise at 11:00. Snack time for kids and a beer for me! With four attractions completed by 11:00 were were definitely winning! After snack and bathroom break, we did Frozen Sing Along and Mickey Vacation Shorts. Another bathroom break and then Star Tours. We hadn’t been on ST since 2016 because we all felt sick afterward. Well, nothing has changed. We still felt ill after so that goes back to the Never Again list.

It was now 1:00 and we’d done everything except MFSR, TSMM, ToT (which kids said was skippable), and Slinky Dog. DS wanted cotton candy but we couldn’t find any. He settled for yet another bag on Goofy’s gummy candy, which by the way is Buy One, Get One Free!. DD and I picked new Christmas ornaments, our traditional souvenir. Starbucks for green tea lemonade and a carrot cake cookie. As we sat eating, we saw Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto cavalcade. After about an hour break, we went to TSMM at 2:10 then headed back to Star Wars area. We walked around for a bit, took pictures, and then kids wanted another break to play Among Us. We had an Oga’s reservation at 3:35. Kids had skipped out on this in December so they were excited to see the inside. I will say that an empty Oga’s is not nearly as much fun as a crowded, loud, ergetic Oga’s from the December trip. Kids got the Carbon Freeze and Jabba Juice. I got the Outer Rim. All were good.

Since we were already in the area, we got in line for MFSR. Wait was 45 minutes. I’d done it as single rider in December. Kids had skipped out and gone back to the room in December. Prior to December, they had only seen the newest movie with Rey. During COVID, they watched EVERY Star Wars movie and were now super fans. They were so excited about Smugglers Run. DD and I were pilots, DS was a gunner. They loved it! The plan was to ride again at park close but that plan was foiled…

Slinky Dog had about a 45 minute posted wait at 5:22 so we got in line. We were almost to where the FP taps are and the ride broke down. Debated getting out of line but it was the only ride we had left. Ended up waiting 90 minutes!!! Ugh! I don’t think we’d waited a cumulative total of 90 minutes all day. We had already decided to skip ToT. I wish we had gotten out of line and gone back to Smugglers Run and hit Slinky later after it was running but we were so close. We were sad when we realized that we weren’t going to get another ride on Smuggler’s Run and weren’t going to get to go back thru the Star Wars area at night. We also really wanted one last ride on TSMM to end the night but as the clock ticked, we didn’t think that was going to happen. We had an ADR for Sci Fi after park close at 7:45 and were wondering what we were going to do for 45 minutes. We finally boarded Slinky at 6:55. I’d told the kids to be prepared to book it to TSMM as soon as we got off Slinky Dog. Picture is time stamped 6:57. I looked at my watch and it was 6:58 when we stepped off Slinky. We speed walked to TSMM and got in line right at 6:59. Liner win! Watch turned 7:00 just seconds after we entered the queue. We tried to walk thru Star Wars land to get to Sci Fi but were shut down by CMs. Boo. As we walked to Sci Fi, the line for MMRR was LONG.

We got checked in and got seated early at Sci Fi around 7:30. I’m always amazed at how quiet it is in there. Not many cars were taken. We all got different burgers. The original plan was to split the homemade candy bar but there was no way we could eat anymore. We walked out to an empty park and took several pictures. No wait for the Skyliner back to Pop.

It was a long but very productive day. We sat for breaks every bit of two hours out of the day. We had done every attraction but Slinky Dog and ToT before 2:30, had three attractions including MMRR by 10:00 and had been on Rise of the Resistance by 11:00. Perfect day again.

7 Likes

Front of line for temp checks

9 Likes

10 Likes

Awesome day at HS!