Considering AP next year

DH and I are considering Incredipass next year for the two of us.
I need all the info. I’ll ask what comes to mind at the moment.

1. If we are AP, what will that do when we want to do a trip with kids (No AP)? Hotel is one confirmation, specific dated tickets for kids is separate?
  2. Does the AP discount on food apply to the 1 person paying the food ticket?
  3. I love working with my TA at Small World Vaca, can they still help us get resort reservations?
  4. Is it better to buy the AP as soon as we are ready or wait until we are a certain amount of time before planning our next trip?
3 Likes

Paging some of my fav APers! @Jeff_AZ @OBNurseNH @Dreamer @ThorKat @ScottFL

Im sure I’m missing some people too, but hopefully someone can chime in to help :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Paging also @LTinNC82 and @Enchantedbythemouse

3 Likes
  1. Buy tickets seperate.
  2. Applies to 4 people per AP.
  3. Yes
  4. Always a risk they stop selling again.
6 Likes
  1. Yes. Packages require all people in the room to have the same elements including tickets. So you would do a room only reservation and purchase the tickets separately.

2. AP discount applies to total bill

3. Your TA can absolutely help you. Please continue to seek her expertise!

4. APs now need to be activated within 1 year of purchase. Also they could turn off sales at any point. Aside from those two considerations when you buy is up to you.

6 Likes

@meekomist nailed it.

4 Likes

Yep, DH and I have an AP but kids don’t. We bought a 4 day ticket and linked to them. Easy peasy.

4 Likes

Uh huh. What they said.

4 Likes

Regarding 1. I always have bought tickets separate from hotel so it was not a change for me. Packages have certain advantages but I have found I’m able to get better deals by separating the two components. As long as you link the tickets and hotel to your MDE, the integration is usually seamless.

4 Likes

The issue for some folks is the amount of the deposit, which can be significantly more for room only, and the need to pay in full for tickets at the time of purchase which can also be expensive. Finally, tickets are nonrefundable (though you do retain the value of a fully unused ticket for future purchase). $200 and a fully refundable reservation is often easier for folks. But, the benefit of AP can be significant too. It’s a matter of weighing things out.

3 Likes

And once you have DVC packages are basically out of the question. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That is true.

2 Likes

What does the hive mind think about this? They have been continuously for sale since the were “re-released”

Do you think that the “norm” going forward will be for availability of APs or restrictions on sales?

I know Disney loves to create false scarcity on their products, so that would lean towards more sale blackouts… but then again, its a pretty good amount of cash for Disney…

The problem with restricting sales in order to “thin” the AP ranks means that WDW doesn’t see this benefit immediately… and if people keep renewing because of the “scarcity” then they will never see a reduction…

I suspect that WDW APs will remain generally available. I mean its a guess, but I’ll go with it.

4 Likes

This. But I’m not taking any chances!

3 Likes

I think if they are selling 4 day tickets for 99/day, AP aren’t going anywhere for right now. They clearly need guests in the park spending money.

5 Likes

I saw an article last night that said tourism taxes in central Florida dipped last month for the first time in a couple of years. My first thought then was " I guess AP sales will be around for awhile then."

5 Likes

I will add in that if you have someone who lives in Fl. you can have them get any of the AP’s for any person under the age of 18. We purchased the pirate pass for my niece who lives out of state. I paid for it online, went to Disney Springs, told them I wanted to pick up an AP for a kiddo, gave them the confirmation number, and showed them my driver’s license. The Pirate Pass does save you a bit of money and the black out dates are days we don’t go to the parks anyway.

3 Likes

I agree. For June-the parks are not crowded at all!

1 Like