Connecting room requests

We just booked our first trip to Disney for January! We have a large family; it will be my husband and I and our 5 kids, 14, 12, 11, 4, and 3 months. We booked with a travel agent recommended in the guide, and she told us that since we have more kids than adults in our party, we would be guaranteed connecting rooms, and that we don’t even have to request it; it was all taken care of. What I am wondering is if this means I can’t use the room request fax service offered here? We have two standard rooms at Pop Century booked, and while a view or close to the pool isn’t important, we would like as close to the bus stop as possible for a standard room. I was going to set up the automatic fax to try for that, but then I got scared if I did that I would mess up the connecting rooms thing, which is most important to us. Does anyone have an experience with this?

Thanks!

I don’t have experience with it, but I know you can make multiple requests on your fax, so I would list connecting rooms first, then other things. You can also stress that the connecting rooms is a priority. Good luck!