Complicated FPP Questions

I’m hoping @Mr_Itty and others can help.

Suppose I’m going to Epcot tomorrow and I want to ride Soarin’ twice using FPP.

Today I make a FPP for Soarin’ with a return time of 10 AM. And I let MDE assign me Imagination and Seas at random, with random return times.

1. Assume I don’t want to ride Imagination or Seas, and I don’t want to ride anything else. I believe I can cancel Imagination and Seas through MDE, without affecting my Soarin’ reservation. Correct?

2. Is there any way for me to cancel Imagination or Seas before I get into the park, and add any other attraction before I get to the park WITHOUT canceling what I have for Soarin’?

I’ll have more questions shortly. Thanks for any help.

2 Likes

@itty will know this, I think. I vaguely think you need to use (or tap mickey) for soarin before you can start making changes. Then, pending availability you can get Soarin again. I know Itty tested this…

Believe you have to cancel through website not mde, and pretty sure you can’t book anything else until after soarin fp is used or expires.

I know Itty said not to use the MDE app but to use the website.

Make them and then cancel 2, but I have been able to just choose 1 lately.

Pretty sure you have to use the FPP you wanted to use, before you can get another one for the same ride.

AFAIK, the “Mr Itty Method” involved canceling the unwanted FPPs via the website and not the MDE app. Then, once the remaining FPP was used you can go to a kiosk and book whatever available FPP you want, without any tier or re-ride restrictions.

Just so I understand, are you hoping to cancel the two extra attractions so you don’t have to wait until all three FPP windows have past (or, at least the until the last window opens and you tap at that attraction) before making another FPP reservation?

I know you can cancel your extraneous FPP reservations through the MDE website, but I’ve found it just as easy to change a missed reservation as to add a new one when making changes in the park.

[quote=“len, post:1, topic:2100, full:true”]Suppose I’m going to Epcot tomorrow and I want to ride Soarin’ twice using FPP.

Today I make a FPP for Soarin’ with a return time of 10 AM. And I let MDE assign me Imagination and Seas at random, with random return times.

1. Assume I don’t want to ride Imagination or Seas, and I don’t want to ride anything else. I believe I can cancel Imagination and Seas through MDE, without affecting my Soarin’ reservation. Correct?[/quote]

Not quite. You have to use the website, not the app. The app forces you to cancel all three or none. The website lets you cancel 1, 2, or all 3.

No, you can’t cancel and then add. But you shouldn’t need to. You can just change those Imagination and Seas to the attractions you would want to add after cancelling them, if you could. If you have already cancelled them, however, you’re out of luck - you can’t add another until you either use, cancel, or let elapse the remaining Soarin’.

OK, thanks.

Next scenarios:

1. I make a FPP for Soarin’ only (by canceling 2 others using the website). When I get into the park, and BEFORE I ride Soarin’, I cannot make another FPP for Soarin’, right?

2. I make a FPP for Soarin’ only (by canceling 2 others using the website). When I get into the park, and BEFORE I ride Soarin’, can I make 2 FPPs for Imagination and Seas at the same time? (That is, do I still have my “make 3 in advance” opportunity?

I’m asking these questions because I’m updating the Optimizer to use “day-of” FPPs in its strategy. So I’m trying to find the point at which you can stop making advance FPPs and everything turns to “day-of” rules.

If you need a guinea pig to try #4, let us know… After 10 days out of Florida, I need me some park time!

And just to state the obvious, you don’t have to make 3 FPP and then cancel 2 if you just want 1. You just make the 1 FPP selection (unless something has changed in the web site in the last month…).

Correct. That remaining Soarin’ FP must be used, cancelled, or expired before you can book any additional.

No. Once you’ve made your three, whether you cancel one or two of them or not, you can’t make any additional until you use/cancel/let-expire whatever ones you have left. So in this scenario, even though you only have one left pre-booked, you won’t be able to book any more until Soarin’ is used, cancelled, or expired.

Nothing has changed. You’ve never been able to make just one. If you only select one attraction, Disney automatically gives you two more as “recommendations”, whether you want them or not. You do indeed have to cancel them if you don’t want them.

Thanks @Mr_Itty.

So if I see someone with exactly 1 advance FPP into the Optimizer on the day of their trip, I can assume that they cannot make a FPP immediately; they have to wait until after they use it or it expires.

Also, tiering will no longer be enforced after that FPP.

Is that the simplest way of expressing this rule?

Sounds correct to me, yes.

Hmm…about a month ago, I did a FPP for kiddo’s first ride on Soarin’, and when I clicked accept, it said something like “You only have one FPP selected–do you want to select more”, and there was a little “No thanks” link that I clicked on. In my list, I only had the one FPP. If the system assigned me two others, it didn’t show on the web site. (That is the only time I have done a single one, so perhaps it was a glitch at that time?)

Ok. And if I make 0 FPPs before I get to the park, once I’m in the park I can make 3, using whatever inventory is left, right?

The only thing I can think of is that there was extremely limited availability that day, and so it “couldn’t” suggest anything else. Every time I’ve done it, it forces the selection of two more. Just tried it:

Yup. Either on the app or at a kiosk.

That probably explains it…it was a “night before” deal for a Saturday. I was surprised they had Soarin’ but wasn’t going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Thanks for checking on that. Trying to test it out via mobile hotspot on the AutoTrain in Palatka wasn’t gonna happen!

Cool. So we have to keep track of whether the FPP you’re telling me about now, is one of your original 3 or not. But that’s doable.

Hrm. You just lost me. I’m not clear why you’d have to keep track of that? Under all circumstances, if you currently have any FPs scheduled, whether you made them 60 days ago or 60 seconds ago, you can’t make any other FP until all your existing FPs are used, cancelled, or expired. What am I missing?