Complicated AP question

So @darkmite2’s suggestion worked. I got my answer.

There’s good news and bad.

The good news is that I can renew / upgrade from the UK. The bad news is that I have to call. This is bad because it may be quite expensive to call.

3 Likes

WDW pulls this kind of nonsense, too. You have to call to book the WAT, for example. Why? Are you bloody Americans (a) not aware of the internet and (b) not aware of other countries?

1 Like

This happens in France as well - I have to physically call DLP to book any arrangements for accessibility, or for example to book a hotel room without tickets automatically packaged in. For me, buying international phone credits on Skype was the cheapest option. YMMV.

1 Like

That’s what I’ve been looking at. I think the smallest credit I can buy is £5 ($6). Kinda trivial, but still annoying that it’s necessary.

1 Like

Oh. Apparently I get 60 mins free per month of Skype credit. But I wonder if that will be enough. The US does love its long hold times.

1 Like

I have found that Universal Studios hold times are minimal. Unlike the mouse. I shudder anytime I have to call WDW.

2 Likes

Call at 2300 on the 31st :wink::+1:t2:

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I typically get to talk to a live person in a minute wait or less with Universal. They are so much easier to deal with on the phone than WDW. I’ve got to call them tonight when I get home and I know it’s not going to be a problem.

4 Likes

Looks like I jinxed myself. Getting a TM took almost 15 minutes and then they had no idea how to handle my HHN ticket request. It’s been a drama… :rofl:

The entire call took 59:47!! The TM said that they had no training in how to do it and since it was day one they were still figuring it all out. I got to be someone’s “guinea pig”.

I blame myself for being arrogant! (and for being impatient and doing it on the first day…)

3 Likes

A new annual pass question.

Has anyone ever tried to buy a Universal ticket and apply that cost of that to an annual pass renewal?

I know it can be done…I’ve never had to do it.

I have tickets for my wife to join me on my December trip. I’ve been trying to convince her to upgrade so I can renew my pass! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I did just convert single date HHN tickets to Frequent Fear Passes. It wasn’t a big deal once I got a TM that knew what to do.

1 Like

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building - You may already know this, but I saw another person from the UK post on Twitter:

“UOR has a free UK number - 0800 092 7889”

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

I did not know that. I wonder if it will patch through to the right department.

1 Like

I upgraded in January. It was very easy at guest services.

1 Like

To a new pass or a renewal?

To a new pass. Sorry I misread your question.

In the end I used Skype. Turns out I get 60 mins a month of free call time. Though, it also turned out that calling a toll-free number from Skype is free anyway.

I renewed early, in a panic about the direction the exchange rate was heading. I managed to time it perfectly. I got the worst exchange rate possible. As soon as I paid, the rate went back up again.

I do have one question. I don’t have the physical new pass. And there’s nothing scannable in my UOR app wallet. I’m super-hoping they’ll give me one at the desk in the hotel the night we arrive. If I have to go to the kiosks in front of the parks in the morning that’s going to screw up EPA for me.

2 Likes

Your old pass number may still be valid.

I was told if I renewed, I wouldn’t get a new card unless I lost mine, and it would be a $10 charge. How early did you renew? It wouldn’t let me renew earlier than 30 days before mine expires.