College Program

Please share about the housing!

1 Like

My just graduated DD22 is working an internship in Washington DC for about $15/hour and the rent on her apartment is over $2100/month. She shares with her boyfriend and another friend. The actual ā€œintern housingā€ is much higher priced and more kids share the space. So in that sense, it doesnā€™t seem that out of line to me. :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Yes, just look around for an apartment in the Orlando area. It really isnā€™t much different. I think itā€™s just the shock for most of them that have probably never paid ā€œrentā€ before!

3 Likes

My son is renting a room in Honolulu (no AC, shared kitchen/bathroom) for $900 per month. It does come with a parking spot and is only about a mile from the campus, so thatā€™s goodā€¦

Iā€™m trying not to even look at this stuff as my son desires to do the DCP in Fall 2023ā€¦ He wonā€™t have any classes he needs to take at university, but spring semester 2024 is his last and he does have classes that are only offered that semester. He has looked into it, and tells me that he cannot apply yet for the Fall 2023 DCP. Iā€™m trying to be hands off, probably too hands off, but sounds like our kiddos may be on the same schedule? Albeit my kid is 21 already lol, and about set to graduate university. So he tells me; I have not seen a transcript. Just the billsā€¦

3 Likes

Juju is a first semester freshman just now

1 Like

Oh yeah I meant as far as applying for the DCP. My son will have just this one shot, he says. He has Big Plans but a semester with not much to do (Fall 2023), and Iā€™ve been trying to get just one of my kids to apply to DCP for ages lol.

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3: