Collapsible stool for fireworks?

Will I be allowed to bring this into MK for fireworks? I’ve got a herniated disc and can’t hold my DD5 for more than a minute or two.

https://a.co/d/2CTd8wv

1 Like

I don’t think you can - but @ThorKat can confirm.

I would recommend, if you can, getting a spot that is right behind a railing. I didn’t need to hold my kids at all for fireworks because no one was in front of them. It did require, however, that we got there 30-40 mins before fireworks.

5 Likes

Also, so sorry about your herniated disc!

literally had this discussion a few days ago in the uncensored, cause I had the same great idea :slight_smile: . It’s not allowed, sadly.

They cite “safety”. I have my own thoughts on that, but… it is what it is.

5 Likes

Here is the offical list:

3 Likes

As other people have said, a big nope. However, if you could bring a rollator walker to use, that will allow you to sit down. I made two trips to WDW using one, and it was a life saver. I have degenerative discs, and can’t stand for long.

4 Likes

You could try renting a wheelchair to use. Maybe see if there are any available closer to fireworks time. :woman_shrugging:

Also, I have seen wagon type strollers in the parks and it annoys me greatly that they are allowing them when it’s clearly stated on the website they are not allowed.

@SirGreggLadyV rollator is also a great idea!!

My DH has one of those stools, he also has balance issues. I’m sure the safety concern is that they don’t want someone using one, falling off off it (or someone else tripping over it) and then getting sued. People don’t notice full blown ECVs (ask how I know lol) so someone running into you on that stool is, unfortunately, a real possibility. It stinks though.

2 Likes

OMG, truth.

2 Likes

Its a line of sight issue (ask me how I know :flushed::cry:). Your guess about safety becaues of others sounds right on.

Edit: and I agree about getting the wheelchair late in the day for a seat!

2 Likes

They are allowed if they are tagged as being used as a type of wheel chair. :wink:

4 Likes

You are correct. Not allowed.

1 Like

Guys…this isn’t about him sitting. The idea is DD5 would stand on it and see at near-shoulder height(of an adult). Instead of having to hold her.

Ahhh, yes, I see and people get all upset about potential abuse of DAS… :thinking:

1 Like

I gotta say I’m surprised at your reaction to this. Yes some abuse it but there are some very legit reasons for using these.

2 Likes

The ones I saw it didn’t even occur that that was why it was being used. Not having children I’m not familiar with how a wagon is used as a wheelchair. :woman_shrugging:

But you are right, if they have convinced security then I should be ok with it.

4 Likes

I believe in order to get the tag (some strollers can be tagged as well and then be taken into queues that normally don’t allow them) there is a process like DAS and they are given a physical tag they attach to the stroller/wagon so security and CM’s know it is allowed in. I do not know all the reasons these might be needed just that it is why you still see them.

3 Likes

That’s why you are paid the big bucks. I understand now. However, he could sit on it and hold her in his lap, or let her stand on it while he steadies her.

1 Like

With the brakes set.

Thanks for the clarification I only knew they weren’t allowed due to conversations on the forum and reading through the paragraph quoted above, where I likely only really paid attention to the details I needed to know. I’m glad to know there is a legitimate reason for them and that it’s not security being inconsistent.

1 Like

Oh, definitely yes. LOL!

1 Like