Coffee pots...why is this so difficult?

Phew, got me nervous there for a minute. I forgot about the closet for 2.

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

That is a very appropriate name for them, must remember that!

1 Like

The “closet for two” that takes as many points as a studio in other resorts?

3 Likes

But it’s “cosy”. You’re paying for that warm, snug feeling. Like a hedgehog hibernating … :wink:

5 Likes

Riviera grand villas also have single serve k-cup machines… in the grand villa it’s a regular (not mini) Keurig with a water reservoir and in the tower studios is a mini that you have to pour water in for each cup. I just watched long videos about both of them.

1 Like

Also, I have luggage space so I’m totally taking my tiny little Nespresso machine next month. The thing is smaller than a pair of shoes, and lattes in my room is my current princess level.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info. I guess I will need to bring my own k-cups.

You can store them in the bedside cubbies that disappear when you put the bed up!

I’m dying at your closet for 2 comments… the tower studios are only about 20 sq ft smaller than the apartment I lived in when I was in school in NYC! I called it my shoebox.

2 Likes

More info please!

1 Like

I think these little suckers break so often that they get replaced a lot. It’s impossible to find parts, they just have to buy all-new ones. At least that’s what we’ve had to do with our little coffee pot downstairs. Finding a replacement tiny carafe is no mean feat. If you include shipping, it cost us more than a new machine- so that’s what we bought.

1 Like

It’s the Nespresso Essenza mini by Breville. I got mine at Target and it came with an automatic milk heater & frother. It’s a one button operation… load the capsule, press the button, it gives you a shot of espresso, and you lift the never to eject the capsule into the collection box.

It uses aluminum capsules and there are brands you can buy in the stores (including Starbucks and Peets, and Costco always sells one of those two). Nespresso will give you a mailer to send your aluminum capsules in for free recycling, but you can’t send the plastic ones singer of the third party companies use.

It’s not exactly cheap, but once you’re making your own latte instead of spending $5-7 it pays for itself pretty fast.

1 Like

it’s also something like 10"h × 12"d × 3"w

We actually have a little travel coffee pot we can take, if it came to that. We brought it with us in August. But we drove that time. But it looks like we’re good with the one in the room, now that we know what kind of filters it takes! :slight_smile:

1 Like