Coffee at WDW

Is there any place in WDW to get a good cup of coffee? :coffee:

I personally can take it or leave it and, when I do have coffee, I always add plenty of cream and sugar. But every time we got coffee at WDW when we were there last month my DW, who drinks it black, mentioned to me that it was really bitter. (I just stuck with Hot Chocolate instead.) She tried it at a few places in the parks and also at POFQ and POR.

The previous time we were there (2010) we went to a little bakery in EP and happened to get a shot of espresso, and it was absolutely amazing! It was straight expresso, but it was so smooth. We couldn’t remember exactly where we had gotten it, but it was somewhere in the French Pavilion. We thought that maybe it was at Les Halles Boulangerie & Pâtisserie, but we each got a shot of expresso there this time, and it was really bitter too. So I don’t know if they changed brands or if the place we got it was no longer there.

Any ideas?

I’m not a coffee drinker, but people rave about the pressed coffee at Kona at the POLY.

and there is Starbucks.

1 Like

Most of what you’ll see at WDW at this point is either Joffrey’s or Starbucks. I’m not a coffee drinker, so I can’t speak to either one of those, but my husband (who doesn’t like Bold/Extra Bold types) prefers Joffrey’s.

If you’re in the area, you might try the Java Bar inside the Swan. Since the Swolfin isn’t technically a Disney hotel, the coffee offerings might be different. The coffee bar outside of Kona Cafe at the Polynesian does have a Kona blend that my husband likes.

But pretty much what you’ll be getting at any freestanding location inside a theme park will either be Starbucks or Joffrey’s. (Which is better than Nescafe, I’ve been told….)

2 Likes

Oh, I forgot about Starbucks. We did go there at DHS, and it was good. I guess I didn’t think about it because it’s Starbucks, and they seem pretty consistent wherever they are.

We hit the Joffrey’s stand once, too, but it wasn’t very good.

I don’t do coffee but espresso is generally and Italian thing isn’t it? Maybe it was the Italy pavilion. You’ll probably get several different brands in World Showcase as they highlight the particular brands from their respective countries.

You know, I’ll bet you’re right. It probably was in the Italy pavilion. I’ll have to check there next time.

1 Like