Club level question

We are staying at the Contemporary CL later this year! We love it there! Does anyone know if the 3 extra FPs need to be consecutive days or can they be spread out during your stay?

They can be spread out. And you donā€™t need to buy them for everyone.

And as a bonus, Signature Services will also book your ā€œordinaryā€ FPs on the days you are buying the CL ones at the same time. Youā€™ll still have to book for the other days at your 60 day window. And you wonā€™t be able to modify the ones that DSS book for you until the 60 day mark (I think you can then modify them but not sure if this is the case 100% of the time).

Thank you!

Wait, so if you get the CL FPP you get to book all of your FPP at 90days out for the days you buy the CL FPP package? Thatā€™s pretty amazing, because Iā€™m assuming you can take your pick of rides and times that far out.

2 Likes

Yes. And they emailed me a hard copy so I have actual proof if they try any funny business between now and May.

My family doesnā€™t eat much and although we like a TS meal maybe once a day, with the summer room discount Club Level is definitely worth it for us. Opinions on this will vary wildly so YMMV.

If i could talk my wife into no TS for an adult trip, it might almost be worth it.

Is there food other than breakfast?

Yes, quite a bit, though as I mentioned, less at lunch. Iā€™m staying at the BWI which has chefs from The Flying Fish come up and do the evening offerings. Some people can make a meal of this, and some canā€™t, but itā€™s absolutely the most convenient thing to do. I do think this may vary from resort to resort so you might want to check out the Club Level thread at the DIS forum, that thread is loaded with food pictures.

The Backside of Magic had a dining calculator posted this week which I used to calculate our savings. Even though we have ADRs at Raglan Road, SciFi, Homecominā€™, Jungle Cruise Canteen, Tiffins and Rose & Crown that week, weā€™ll probably save $1k over a QS meal plan, 2k+ over any plan with TS. With the Sun 'n Fun AP room discount (the AP more than paid for itself) this just really works out for us.

1 Like

All CL that I have stayed at have pastries, fruit, usually oatmeal and cereal for breakfast, then chips maybe some candy at mid-day, and then desserts usually between 8-10pm? The ā€œdinnerā€ options have been different at each resort. Most offer some ā€œsmall platesā€. WL had a variety of pots of soups and pasta plus other smaller choices. Poly one night had sushi but often had chicken fingers and crab rangoons. At AKL a chef would prepare two different small plates.

2 Likes

I definitely would not try to live on just Club Level food. But we do great with one TS meal (generally lunch) each day. I am really looking forward to the Sunday brunch the BWI has, though.

The other thing is the alcohol, which is mainly offered at dinner & dessert time though Iā€™ve heard you can ask for it at lunch, which we never have.

WL said if you want beer or wine at 7:00am to just ask. That is the only CL I heard that from. AKL said they could not give me water for my room. Poly filled a large container with filtered water for the room, WL provided bottles.

1 Like

Hah, the only alcohol I might want at 7 am is Mimosas, so thatā€™s why Iā€™m going to be there for the brunch. Plus, itā€™s on a CL 10 day and I do not intend to go much further that day anyway. We are almost never around during the day so Iā€™m looking forward to that.

I think the service and food can be pretty variable from resort to resort. We stayed at YC before and enjoyed it but I donā€™t recall many specifics. I paid a lot more attention to my choice this time.

I stayed at YC and BC about 5 years ago? At that time there were more options at breakfast.

1 Like

We are going to take advantage of the evening snacks and alcohol. Our kids are early to bed so we figured our balcony, some snacks and drinks and the fireworks view every night. Not a bad way to spend an evening and we donā€™t even need to pay for a sitter (which where we live a sitter for an evening costs about the same as the upgrade to club levelā€‹:weary::rofl:)

Be ready for a potentially dumb question here: if you book a resort that has Concierge level with DVC points, can you ā€œbuy upā€ to Concierge? I never manage to book AKL in time to get a Concierge room, but it never occurred to me to ask if I could book my suite with points and pay for Concierge on top of it. Thanks, and Iā€™m sorry if this is a dumb question :face_with_raised_eyebrow: