CityWalk Opening News

“Guests will be permitted to remove face masks while eating.”

LOL

2 Likes

Haha my first thought too! What’s the alternative option? “Guests must always wear masks, even while eating” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

8 Likes

We could spoon feed ourselves or finger food. No sandwiches :weary:

Wonder how the partial re-opening is going today?

They don’t open until 4 pm

Ahh, good to know.

I posted a link in the Chapek thread to DFB’s Instagram page - there are pictures and videos up on several blogger accounts.

1 Like

It’s not clear to me what the point of CityWalk opening is. Sure, there are some nice restaurants there, and an enticing view of a couple of closed theme parks, but why would you bother going? The same goes for Disney Springs.

I know why the businesses want to reopen, but why would customers want to return?

1 Like

Did you see this yesterday?

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Everything looks like it went well. I am happy they are doing temp checks too and all the other things in place look great!

1 Like

The same reason people go to Disney Springs or CityWalk in normal times - it’s the atmosphere, the dining, the shopping. Some people like to do that kind of stuff. And any return to normalcy is welcome to most of us.

4 Likes

And there’s the flaw in your argument. CityWalk may be open, but it’s anything but normal right now.

2 Likes

We can pretend. It’s the world of make-believe after all. :wink:

2 Likes

Not when people are wearing masks.

Actually, when it comes to theme parks… ESPECIALLY when people are wearing masks! :wink:

1 Like

Expect more Universal owned restaurants to be opening up this week plus more 3rd party locations.

2 Likes

I wonder when Universal will either extend their park closure or announce a re-opening plan for the parks. Right now their website says the parks are closed until at least May 31.
I can’t believe how close we are to the end of May already. Our trip was going to be May 25-29.