CityWalk Dining

Trying to decide on dinner tomorrow. What’s your favorite restaurant at CityWalk?

2 Likes

Toothsome, but you’ve already been there :laughing:

Hope you find something nice.

2 Likes

Cowfish. Bubba Gump is my second choice.

3 Likes

We were. I thought the food was okay. The milkshakes were awesome.

1 Like

We’re headed to Cowfish tonight. I’m excited. Robert and I missed it in October (I wasn’t paying attention and it wasn’t opened daily).

1 Like

Big Fire

1 Like

That was definitely on my list.

1 Like

Mararettaville

Bubba Gump or Bigfire

1 Like

This is the correct answer. Also lots of vivo and Antojitos live in my corner.

2 Likes

Do you like Vivo? We don’t get the chance to eat much Italian.

I love how at universal you can make your plans the night before. Try this question at Disney and you’d be a lot more limited!

1 Like

Wife and I did Antojitos in August. We loved it.

My theory is that what interests you at CityWalk will be largely dependent on what you have access to at home. For example, we live in Texas so Antojitos looks like a pale imitation of what I can easily get at home… I watched some really glowing reviews of Vivo. I looked at the menu to see what we might get and I’d want the same dish as I get at an awesome Italian place at home run by two chef brothers from Venice. But, we don’t have any stone-oven pizza places, so Red Oven looks awesome.

4 Likes

Good point. We don’t get much Italian because my DH is allergic to tomatoes and hates pasta. And he isn’t on this trip.

4 Likes

More an anecdote than making a point…but I love Mexican food. It is my favorite cuisine. And there are several good Mexican places near us. My favorite was Don Pablo’s. Sadly, they went out of business years ago.

Anyhow, during one of our trips to Texas to visit family, my brother insisted we go out to dinner at one of the best Mexican restaurants, ever! I was rather excited about this, since I’ve always heard how much better Mexican food is in Texas.

And, well. It wasn’t. It wasn’t even close. I mean, the fajitas were good enough, but lacked that amazing flavor I was used to experiencing at the places up in Michigan!

(And no, I’m not suggesting you go to Antojito’s even though you’re from Texas! Your comment just made me think of that story.)

There are some good Tex-Mex places outside of Texas. Antojito’s is Tex-Mex no matter what it says. I still fondly remember a Tex-Mex place in Indiana of all places that we tried because we were starving and we’d been driving around looking for a restaurant and there wasn’t much to choose from.

I am curious did your brother get the fajitas? They aren’t particularly authentic restaurant food. Even then they were designed to take the super-crappy tough cuts of meat and make the edible.

2 Likes

Yes Vivo is good. Pasta is made fresh daily and everything is high quality. Expect rustic Italian.

1 Like

Truth be told, I care less about authenticity than flavor. Who cares if fajitas aren’t authentic Mexican? I love eating them when well prepared!

It may be more appropriate to say I love Mexican-inspired cuisine than authentic Mexican.

And this is such a nebulous thing. The different regions of Mexico are quite different. It’s sort of like the pizza discussion.

“Authentic Mexican” is basically how someone’s abuelita made it!

3 Likes