Cinderella's Royal Table Paying With Dining Points After Pre-Charging Credit Card

Hey there, we have a trip coming up and we’re going to be taking our children for Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table. This is the only reservation that I believe we made in which the full amount was charged to our credit card. I thought Hoop-dee-doo did this as well, but I don’t believe my card was charged, just that I had to put it on file in case we no-show.

We are also using the Disney Dining Plan, and I was hoping to use points for this meal. If we get there can we ask to be charged with the dining plan instead and then refunded the money on the credit card? When I was making the reservation, it seemed like there was an option for points but I couldn’t click into it.

1 Like

Yes when you pay the bill you can tell them you want to use DP credits and they will refund your original payment. Or at least that’s how they did it with prior iterations of the dining plan.

2 Likes

Just keep in mind that it will use two table service credits per person (eta: at Royal Table). If you would have an extra credit leftover with your planned meal reservations then that’s worth it. But other table service meals can run $50+ per person easily which makes using two credits on an $85 meal less of a good value.

2 Likes

I was charged for HDDR as soon as I booked it, so you might want to check your credit card statement. I just double checked my credit card statement to confirm.

2 Likes

Did you have the dining plan in place before you booked both HDDR and CRT? Is it possible they took the credits for HDDR?

1 Like

No it’s so weird. I wasn’t charged. Granted, I didn’t do it myself, I had a disney travel agent do the initial dining reservations for me. No points deducted, no credit card used. I’m just going to call up and see if I can pay so something weird doesn’t happen and the reservation gets cancelled out from under me.

1 Like

No somehow I got the reservation but they didn’t charge the card. No clue how this happened.

1 Like

Was the dining plan on your hotel reservation at the time your TA booked the dining reservation? If so, they may only use your card for a guarantee. But if you are using an agent, you may want to let that person follow up on the procedure. They will probably have quicker access to the correct answer or may already know it.

1 Like

Yup, that’s the answer right there. Just got off the phone with someone at Disney and they used the card as a guarantee so all good. Crisis narrowly adverted I guess.

1 Like

I was talking about using dining credits for Royal Table and cautioning it might be a better value to not use the two credits there because your value per credit goes down.

1 Like

Personally I feel the same. Any TS that charges 2 TS credits (besides the uber expensive Signature restaurants) is a poor value. Unless like you said, you aren’t going to be able to use the TS credit anyway.