Christmas time at Disneyland

Missing Disneyland and all of DLR so much right now. Thought I’d share some pictures. Starting with 2019.

11 Likes

The huge gingerbread house inside the Grand Californian :heart:

11 Likes

8 Likes

The neon trees and hula hoops were new decorations for Downtown Disney.

9 Likes

The Christmas Classic afternoon tea at Steakhouse 55 Disneyland hotel

10 Likes

We would have stayed longer if we knew were weren’t making it back in 2020!!

9 Likes

7 Likes

This trip started out hot and sunny then ended pouring rain

9 Likes

I still find it hard to believe that Disneyland is still just sitting there empty. No holiday decorations, Christmas overlays, Santa parade floats, or special fireworks spectaculars. No crowds of people. And it’s looking like it will be closed at least one full year when this is all said and done.

Putting aside whether it was the right call to keep it closed or not, I never could have imagined prior to 2020 that this could be - Walt’s original park, which had barely missed a day or two of regular operation since 1955, shuttered for a whole year. What a tragedy.

8 Likes

The Christmas tea 2018 :heart:

7 Likes

I agree. Never ever would I have guess it would have been this long!:pensive:

4 Likes

Such great pictures! Thank you for sharing! You must miss DL and seeing all the friends you can see there. Hugs

4 Likes

Thank you for taking us down memory lane with your great pictures! You have got me longing to enjoy tea and Christmas at DLR. :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I will tap your tea reservation knowledge soon!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the awesome photos!!
I need to put DLR at Christmas on my bucket list!!

4 Likes

Thanks for all the photos and the walk down memory lane. My rescheduled July trip with the kids would have ended this morning. :cry: I miss seeing friends in the parks, and hope 2021 allows that to happen again. Merry Christmas Debbie!

5 Likes

Hey Karen!! Wishing you and the family a Merry Christmas too. I’m gonna be dropping some more pics today :heart_eyes: So so so very bummed we have missed our second home this long

2 Likes

This is the ARTIC station in Anaheim. Transportation hub. Most of the time we will take the Amtrak in from Santa Barbara. Super easy. Disneyland is like 10 minutes away and the ART shuttle drops you off right at the park entrance

4 Likes

This trip we stayed a week DVC at the Grand Californian. Each night I probably only slept 4hrs because I’d wander all around :blush:

6 Likes

3 Likes

This was the year Chris Hemsworth was Candlelight processional narrator!!! Word was he also was staying at the Grand but we never saw him there. He is practicing for later in the evening

7 Likes