Christmas parties and After Hour events?

I am not sure if there are rumors of Disney announcing the return of these yet, but I hope they are back by Christmas of 2022, which is when we hope to be back.

My question, then, is more historical in nature. How often has Disney had any After hours or Christmas party events during early December? One thing we would like to focus on is doing the things we didn’t get to do for our 25th, which may include one or more of the Fireworks dessert parties, and/or a MMVMCP or another After Hours event.

Again, I am working under the assumption, until we hear otherwise, that these will be back in some form by then.

Also, anyone remember pricing? I was keeping of track of this for a while until COVID hit. Now I have no recollection of any of it. Just trying to budget things out.

I went to look at my spread sheets for Sept & Dec in 2018. Halloween Party was 2x a week and Xmas Party was 3x a week. I didn’t notate ticket prices but I remember going to SoG to grab Halloween Party tickets at the last min. And I think we paid $85 per ticket but that was military rate. Since we’ve done the parties we have found them over crowded. Jan 2020 we did an after hour event and it was so under populated; a much better deal. I want to say that ticket was over $100.

I refer you to this 2019 article: https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/news/08apr2019-tickets-now-on-sale-for-the-2019-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party.htm .
Dates were November 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24 and December 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22. Pricing varied from $99 to $139 for adults, kids were $5 less. Costs varied with date and whether purchased in advance or day of.

I don’t know about DAH hours at other parks. Maybe look through the historical crowd levels for December 2019, and see if any park had DAH?

2 Likes

Here are the fall/early winter after hours dates:

1 Like

Thanks, all!