Christmas crackers at WDW

Do you people even know what Christmas crackers are?

Anyhoo, can you buy them in the US and can you take them into WDW?

2 Likes

Yes I know what they are. And yes you can buy them in the US.
Are you wanting to take them into the parks?

I think they are difficult to find in the US. They do seem to have become more common but still not everywhere. You can order them off Amazon and have them delivered to your resort. I think I saw them at Target last year.

Yes, I know. Yes, you can get them in the US, but that varies state to state. No, (I don’t know if that applies to parks only, or the entire property) per their rules:

1 Like

Yes. To accompany our Christmas dinner.

1 Like

I’ve solved my own problem.

Buy some crackers in the UK, and take the snaps out.

2 Likes

I wonder if it varies by area. I can find them easily here and I buy some every year.

2 Likes

…maybe… I have some pretty funny pictures at holiday w/ paper crowns on my DDs’ heads.

1 Like

So do I. Actually some of the best ones were last year with my 81 year old dad and the paper crown. :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t know if that will be enough to convince your airline/airport to allow you to bring them to the US. Flying with Christmas crackers on plane: Find out if your airline will let you travel with the festive faves this Xmas

I’d just have someone order them on Amazon and have them delivered to your resort. Then take the snaps out before taking them to the restaurant.

We love Christmas Crackers! I haven’t purchased any the last couple of years, but I used to every Christmas for our Christmas parties at work.

1 Like

Ugh.

Fine. I’ll make my own.

3 Likes

You could still have a problem getting the snaps through.

I’ve always wondered if you could get them delivered, anywhere. I assumed because of the snaps that they couldn’t be sent through the post / courier.

No, I mean I’d buy the kit, throw the snaps in the trash and bring the rest of the stuff with me as craft supplies. Simples.

3 Likes

That would work. :+1:

And you could make them up on the plane to pass the time.

1 Like

Here you can find them at Cost Plus World Market and Williams Sonoma. There are not very common and sell out fast so I try to get them early.

I found instructions on how to make them on Martha Stewart before and made my own, but I just searched and couldn’t find them. Basically, I purchased the poppers online, and used toilet paper rolls for the cardboard piece. I hot glued the snap piece inside, threw in small toys, wrapped with wrapping paper and tied the ends with ribbon.

2 Likes

I get them delivered from Amazon or similar every year in the US :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Yes! We buy ours at Cost Plus World Market every year, but as @cbalusek stated, they sell out fast. I never thought about making our own–very good idea, but I’m not very crafty :upside_down_face:

Oooo – and then you could make them Disney themed. Where do you hope to have your Christmas Dinner?

I was going to go for Minnie’s Christmas dine at H&V, but I’m now more likely to go to LTT.

3 Likes