Chosing a Premier Resort

You haven’t lived until you’ve heard it played on an accordion!! :rofl:

3 Likes

If you have a pool view room at Hard Rock you’ll feel like you’re at the pool all day until they shut the pool down at night. Definitely loud & constant - very bad for light sleepers. Garden view very quiet no issues.

1 Like

I honestly don’t like this, or the magician thing at the Kitchen. While my kids might enjoy it, I don’t like personal attention. I would prefer if they stayed in a more public viewing area. It makes me feel pressured to tip them.

If they have a no-tip policy that might be more palatable (I’ve never gone during these times so I don’t know).

1 Like

You don’t have to do it. They do ask at both places if you want it. They don’t want to perform if it’s not what you want. Also, they don’t accept tips. I tried!!

2 Likes

Ok that is good information to have! I would be more open to that.

1 Like

P.S. it’s not that I don’t have the means or desire to tip, it’s just that the whole tipping process of a performer is awkward to me. It’s like “this is how much I think your lifetime’s worth of developing your talent is worth.” Very different from just tipping for prompt and professional service. Also it’s easier to tip servers discreetly since you have the whole check portfolio thing.

2 Likes

Besides, the magicians can turn a handful of $1 into $100’s right in front of your eyes!

They don’t need my money!! :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I checked out the analysis/comparison in the OP. We stayed at RPR last time and really liked the resort and thought we’d repeat but prices are high.

This upcoming trip, I have made a couple of reservations (RPR and PBR) as I can’t decide where to stay. For my dates, HRH was most expensive by $30/night, then RPR, and then PBR is 250/night cheaper than RPR. Is location of RPR worth 250/night? We will be there for 5 days, kids are young teens.

I got an AP last trip for the hotel discounts and willing to do it again so the rates above are APH discounts I snagged for my dates in June. They are no longer listed as available though. Hoping maybe more come out closer to dates.

2 Likes

Portofino is the farthest by about 5-10 minutes by boat or walking.

I’d take that savings in a heart beat. the Rooms are larger, there are three pools, a beautiful bay, and great food.

3 Likes

Great summary! Wondering if anyone has experience with the club rooms at Portofino? I’m going back and forth on Portofino vs. Hard Rock. I lean towards Portofino for the room size right now. Kids are 12 and 15 though, so Hard Rock would seem to be perfect for them. I’ve heard the club rooms for Portofino are on the ground floor or that the club/breakfast area is on the ground floor? Can anyone confirm? Always a fan of being on the ground floor for easy access to resort amenities

1 Like

I have done Club level for Portofino but I requested a bay view room at checkin and they accomodated. So I didn’t get a room in the official “club” rooms. So you can request your room area and still get the club food if you want. I’m pretty sure the club level was on the same floor as checkin which is the 2nd floor I believe as you go downstairs to get to restaurants and boat and there are rooms down there. I could be remembering wrong but it’s definitely not on the ground floor as it has a balcony. This is my favorite of the three premier hotels for the ambience, it’s quiet, and the size of the rooms and bathrooms. However, Hard Rock is my favorite for the pool and proximity. I’d choose either of those over Royal Pacific unless I was just going for cheapest.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the transportation blog post. That is helpful. 10 minutes extra walk on 3 mornings is definitely worth $1000 savings. Will definitely consider the boats back in the evenings though.

2 Likes

I went solo with DS when he was 11. They came to our table and we had no idea what to ask for. So they put their heads together and came back to perform the Spiderman theme song. It was perfect!

2 Likes

I would stay at PBR and take the savings. PBR is a nicer resort too. The only downside I see is a longer walk to the parks (about an extra 5-10 mins), but the cost savings per extra step is high in your case.

1 Like

I think I’m convinced. I will watch for new discounts to switch for location, but it sounds like PBR is super nice and we would like it despite a little bit longer walk.

3 Likes

I stayed at PBH last summer, and even with little kids it was amazing! The pool was awesome, the resort has an elegant but chill vibe, and the transport is really easy. The next boat was never far behind the one leaving the dock.

All things being equal, I like HRH to have my fate in my hands and being able to walk. But I will not hesitate to take PBH in the future if there is a significant cost savings or if I’m looking to change things up.

2 Likes

I am really suprised at how much cheaper Portifino is, as it is usually the most expensive. I am wondering if this is because of the renovations? I would double check on things like pool closure etc.

4 Likes

I agree! The rack rates are just a bit more than $100/night higher for PBR compared to RPR, but I was able to find a APH rate at PBR for my dates, but I have not been able to get one for HRH or RPR.

Allegedly, they are renovating the facade of the buildings and work is not affecting guest amenities.

4 Likes

Yep. This is how it looked a month ago:

3 Likes

Nice. Thank you for the pictures. How is the walk to the park from Portofino, scenic? We loved the walk from Grand Floridian. Leaning Portofino as long as pools aren’t closed.

2 Likes