Choose The One That Has To Go

• Jiko
  • Tiffins
  • Sanaa

0 voters

1 Like

I hope you meant has a ā€˜to goā€™ option :laughing: :joy: :laughing: not be gone you foul thing :crazy_face:. I voted for the former :wink:

Are you staying at AKL?

Nope. You can keep two and one has to go. :yum:

1 Like

Tiffins is suuuuuuuch a time suck and just not that great or special of an experience to me.

3 Likes

okā€¦ thanks for the clarification. I changed my vote to the one Iā€™ve never been to :laughing:

3 Likes

No, maā€™am. Hereā€™s where I am stuck. Jiko is a fave for me and Iā€™ve never been to Sanaa, so naturally I want to dine there. But my husband has only asked for one thing so far - he wants to eat at the restaurant ā€œWhere I had the swordfish.ā€
Thatā€™s Tiffins, and the swordfish isnā€™t on the menu anymore. (Jiko and Tiffins are in my top five faves, but I would bypass Tiffins this trip if my husband hadnā€™t requested it ā€¦

1 Like

I know everyone loves the naan and dips at Sanaa, but really I just donā€™t think itā€™s worth going out of your way for. Especially when you canā€™t even guarantee a window seat to see the animals.

3 Likes

You can tell them youā€™re happy to wait for a table at the windows

4 Likes

A bread service is the last thing I would order, but I know itā€™s one of the apps people rave about. I think my husband would like it, too.
The only way I was able to talk him into accompanying me this trip was by promising him space to do leisurely things - like taking a nap. :laughing:
Maybe I could sneak over to the ā€œone that has to goā€ while heā€™s sleeping. All I need at Jiko is the wild boar appetizer and a wine flight. :thinking:

2 Likes

Naps are excellent! But would he take one so late in the day to make it to Jiko?

Good point - they are only open for dinner.

Howā€™s breakfast at Sanaa? Is the food (besides not being all you can eat) comparable to Boma breakfast as far as African inspired?

1 Like

I have no idea. I donā€™t think the Boma breakfast is that African inspired either though. Dinner more so.

1 Like

Breakfast at Sanaa is quick service, so not sure how comparable to Boma

1 Like

I voted Sanaa after reading your post.

1 Like

Tiffins, there is no way I can vote Sanaa or Jiko

1 Like

Would the fact that the swordfish isnā€™t on the menu help him be willing to skip it?

3 Likes

My family loved Sanaa when we ate there in 2017, but we were underwhelmed with it at Christmas. So sadly, that was my choice.

1 Like

Iā€™ve dined at all three.

Sanaa is great if you get a window table and if itā€™s light outside. Though people get bizarrely excited about bread.

Iā€™ve had my best meal at WDW at Tiffins (and Iā€™ve been to V&A) but Iā€™ve also been disappointed there. It is currently my signature choice for my June trip.

Jiko was ā€¦ fine. I donā€™t really get the love for it. But the service was top notch.

2 Likes

To be fair, I havenā€™t been to any of them, but I picked Tiffins simply because it seems like a huge time suck in the park. Iā€™ve had and then cancelled ADRs for it numerous times because I donā€™t want a big heavy meal at lunch when I still have park touring to do, and I cannot imagine ending the day at AK without Pandora at night. Really hard to fit Tiffins in and do that.

A restaurant at a resort I could schedule AFTER park hours or on a non-park day.

3 Likes