Childless Millennials Run Amok: A Trip Report

Parks Day 4: Animal Kingdom and Departure 2/12/20

The first of us had Tragical Express reservations for 2pm, so we needed to leave Animal Kingdom mid-day. We arrived in time for opening, and headed right to NRJ. It was beautiful and if I had small children I would want to ride it multiple times. Just like I had to get PPO BOG reservations, I absolutely had to get FOP FP. They were the first ones I booked and I’m so thankful they were available. We were able to do these next - the line was already 2 hours long! THIS RIDE WAS AMAZING. It felt truly magical. I know Rise is all the rage, but as someone who didn’t get on Rise, FOP felt advanced, immersive, and so impressive.

We had some time before our next FP so we hit up Starbucks and enjoyed our drinks in Africa. Then we rode the Safari with FP. Fun! All the animals were very lazy at that time. Finally, we headed to EE for our last FP. Check check check! On our way out, we grabbed seasoned fries and saw the birds fly across the Tree of Life. AK is a visually stunning park. It was still a good half-day park for us, though we didn’t try any shows.

Alas, then it was time to head back to POP and catch the ride to the airport. I had one last sundae from the food court for lunch as I am an adult, but then we were off. My friend even fell asleep on the bus to the airport! The flights home were easy for all of us, thank goodness.

We are SO grateful for this trip, especially since the world we knew disappeared a month later. I’m glad we went when we did, and I can’t wait to return to the World in happy circumstances again! I do want one more trip pre-kids, my mom and I are talking about going for the 50th.

I also want to thank TP and the TP community, Magic for Less Travel, Be Our Guest Podcast, and many other podcasts for helping me plan this trip and feeding my addiction. I have become one with the Disney borg and I can’t wait to read about y’alls trip reports come July! Thanks for reading. :blush:

12 Likes

I’m sad your trip was so short, I’ve really enjoyed reading your report. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I’m sad my trip was so short too! Writing about it has helped me revisit the magic!

1 Like