Checkout Day timing and luggage Question

Howdy
We are staying at POR, and checking out on April 11th.
I need some advice.
What time in the morning do you think we can feasibly be in MK on that day? We will PROBABLY have 1 bag to check, or we will only have carry-ons and be able to drop bags at the counter to watch for us until DME pick up later that day.

OR… is there somewhere to put carry-on bags in MK to stash for the day, to then Uber/Lyft to MCO? Or is it better to just use DME?

Our flight is at 8:18pm, so I am assuming DME bus will be around 5, so we will leave the park at 3:30/4 to get back to POR, the 4pm time being if we Lyft back to POR. If we have our bags at MK, we can obviously leave a little later, but I have been in security at MCO for over an hour before, so I like to leave 2 hours minimum for the airport.

I would leave your bags at POR and get to MK as early as possible - then head back around 3:30 to grab your bags and jump on DME.
I’ve never heard of a place at MK to store luggage and, even if that was a possibility, it seems like a PITA to drag your things there, risk waiting to retrieve at the end of the day, and then rushing back to POR. Leaving your luggage with the bell hop at POR would be quick and easy.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my thought, also. Is the bellhop/bag check open pretty early?

Bell services is 24 hours a day.

1 Like

You can easily be in MK at RD - Bell Services, as @missoverexcited mentioned, is open 24 hours, and the Resort Airline Check-in Desk, where you can check luggage if you’re checking with one of the partner airlines, is open from 6-11 IIRC. Certainly by 7.

2 Likes

Only place in MK that I can think of to store a bag is the lockers. I’m not sure how big they are and if your bags would fit. I think you’d be better off leaving your stuff at POR and take ME to the airport. We usually take a late flight home and head to MK early once we’ve checked our luggage in at the Resort Airline check in desk, leave our carry ons with Bell Services and always leave MK around 2:30-3 to head back to hotel to get our bags, use the restroom and catch ME.

1 Like