Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

I have family in the park today and I just tried to get a boarding group for them from home. I have an AP and a park reservation for today also (I was supposed to be there with them). When I went to join, only my name was automatically selected. Am I doing something wrong? Luckily they were quicker on the draw and were able to get BG 36. We’re going as a party of 18 in April and taking the time to select every name (or even just my personal party of 9) will end up shutting me out. Thoughts?

For those of us practicing at home (our trip is in less than 10 days), if you get the “Not so fast” message about not having a park reservation does that mean you were successful?

Yes.

1 Like

Not sure, maybe it has to do with an AP holder. I’m assuming when your family joined, everyone was selected for them?

Yes everyone was selected for them, including me. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Sounds like you have good family members to rely on for April, and they even have “real” practice! :smile:

2 Likes

I have four people in my group. Should everyone login to the Disney app using the same account? Or should everyone use their own accounts? Does it matter?

Whatever is easier for you. Same account might make more sense but it should not matter as long as you are all linked together.

Got a BG. First time I did it all by myself :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Nice! I remember you could not get it in the fall.

2 Likes

haha… failed twice. First time my daughter got it and last time DH just didn’t get to go. I wish he was going with me today :wink:

2 Likes

Nice! Funny, originally we were going to also be at HS today but we switched to Epcot. Darn it!

3 Likes

:face_with_head_bandage: this is first time I’ve been solo since 1995. You wouldn’t want me tagging along. I’m too slow; bad knee and cane. If my knee holds out I’m going to hop to EC after my BG

2 Likes

Just wanted to mention something that a lot of people have a question about. Some folks are worried that if they leave people on their MDE account that are not joining them on their current trip, it will hamper their ability to snag a BG.

You do not need to delete them from your MDE. When attempting a boarding group, only your friends and family with a Park Pass Reservation for that day will be displayed and automatically selected.

Thanks @Julianne_fki and @vcka for on the ground reports!

6 Likes

Haha thanks for confirming it wasn’t a fluke :crazy_face:🥸:nerd_face::wink:

3 Likes

When we tried in March 2020 we had to deselect my daughter (under 3) and that caused us to get a BBG. I read through the thread, it seems that has changed?

1 Like

Great tips!
Just got boarding group 4 today. Main item was using cellular instead of WiFi here at BWV. The only time I’ve failed in the last few days of practicing was when I used the hotel WiFi.
Thanks again for the help!

8 Likes

Congrats! I’m still getting double digit BGs… I need to read @bebe80 's tip/tricks again, but I’m not going to complain.

3 Likes

Congrats!

Your welcome, just gathered all the advice from other liners. Glad to help!

2 Likes

Ok a place where I’ll be supported. My kids are picking on me for going on RotR again…again. It’s amazing. LOVE it! I told the guard he was AMAZING. He was lecturing us to “To take a moment to think about our choices!” Then he paced and clicked his heels on the floor as he paced with hands behind his back. He gave me a nod :heart_eyes:

8 Likes