Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

It’s great when the guards get a chance to insult you. On my second time on the ride we were delayed going into interrogation, and we got to spend some time being insulted. I couldn’t stop giggling the entire time.

6 Likes

I just tried from home, for the first time ever to practice, and got the “Not so fast! Is everyone in the park” screen.

/snoopy dance.

I didn’t add my DH or DS. Should remember to add them before the next attempt. I don’t know if the fact that we don’t have tickets matter before hand. I’m just happy I got as far as I did!

Now, practicing from home, COMPLETELY different from doing it with all the stressors and wi-fi unknowns of the parks. But I officially call my first attempt a success. :heart_eyes::ferris_wheel::alarm_clock:

5 Likes

Oh I laughed out loud. I love it.
Just got out of Frozen sing along covid addition. The real stars of the show are still the historians IMHO.

2 Likes

I’m so happy I found this thread. I didn’t realize I could start practicing without having a park reservation. This guide is perfect! I’ll give it a shot tomorrow and see how I do. 30 days to practice before our 1 shot!

5 Likes

I had only found out I could the other day as well. I had just assumed people doing it from home had AP’s and or reservations.

A month should be plenty of time to practice and get comfortable with it. It really was as easy as just pushing 3 buttons. Good Luck!

3 Likes

When practicing, don’t worry about this. On the actual day, the system will know your party has a park reservation for that day and be automatically selected.

No looking at your party, just speed through the join buttons!

1 Like

That’s what I was hoping for! Thank you so much for the help and encouragement!

1 Like

It’s triple digits when you need to be concerned! :wink:

4 Likes

Your kids need to be more supportive! Is there such a thing as too many times? I think not! I love it when they have time to really be insulting and cold. We had a time in August that was just amazing. Can’t get enough.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think they are picking on me cuz they are jealous :wink: bwahahaha. All but the youngest doesn’t loves Disney… we know the youngest will come back home in time. He’s got to spread his thrill ride wings for a spell.

2 Likes

I practiced join join join this morning and got to “No Park Reservation Found”.

Is this different than “Not so fast! Is everyone in the park…” [you don’t have to be in the park so is this still the message to go by?]

Wondering if my practice was successful?

2 Likes

This is what I got. Just tried again. I tried at 0701 just for fun and got same message. I do not have a pk res today

2 Likes

This happens at 7am

This happens at 1pm

You were successful! You would see the red bar of death if you were not!

2 Likes

This is my result. So it worked? Yay!! I was up because my son missed the bus and had to drive him, figured it was a good chance to practice. 22 days to go!!!

4 Likes

oh duh! I totally overlooked the “Not so fast” message at the top. my bad, thanks!

2 Likes

OK - thanks to this thread, I now know I can practice. So I did this morning. Let me know…

Turned off wi-fi
Opened app and scrolled down to the first image of Rise
6:59:59 Hit the Join
Got to the Select Party Screen - but kind of ignored it and Hit Join
All boarding groups full…

Can’t imagine being any quicker to hit that first Join button. What do I try tomorrow?

2 Likes

If all goes right, you’ll have your confirmation page at 7:00:03/7:00:04. It should be just about 1 second per screen.

A 2 second delay can cost you.

I used the screen recorder/capture when practicing and then looked back to figure out how long it takes.

2 Likes

Is it possible I hit Join too early? Maybe it was 6:59:58?

1 Like

What was the source of your clock? It’s good to check the clock from a few different sources to make sure they are refreshing properly and up to date. (time.gov is a good option).

2 Likes

Yes it is. When the second page loads (the VQ page) the blue button should appear without having to swipe to refresh.

When I was testing it at 6:59:58, there were times when it was too early.

1 Like