Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

Yeah there was something funky going on this morning, have seen reports on Instagram.

3 Likes

Man, I’m glad today was not my real HS day! I’m going to have to remember to take screen shots in case of a glitch!

3 Likes

There was a glitch with the virtual queue this morning. Got on at 7:00 and received a message asking “Is everyone in the park?”
I tried removing and adding people one at a time but kept receiving the “is everyone in the park message.”
There are 3 of us and we all had park reservations for today. At 7:02 I got a boarding group for one of us-group 80.
When we arrived at the park we waited at guest experiences and they added the two other members of our group. They gave us a VIP pass for our trouble. Luckily I was taking screenshots as I went along.
I followed advice from the comments on the how-to post from the blog; basically saying don’t worry about who’s in your group-just snag a boarding pass and they can fix it at guest experiences.

7 Likes

Wow - must have been a major issue if there were still BGs left two minutes later!!!

4 Likes

Talked to someone else staying at YC and he had the same issue but eventually got group 66 for 4 people at 7:02 also.

5 Likes

Sharing here for others…

2 Likes

Hint: don’t rely on wifi in your plane :grin:

5 Likes

Well bah! Didn’t get a BG this morning b/c app said my son didn’t have a pk pass. LIES! I had a choice, take a screen shot for proof later or proceed w/ taking him off… I removed him (thinking I could talk to GS later) and that second lost the opportunity and couldn’t recreate the original message. I did verify that he does have a park res for the day and maybe we’ll try at 1 today. I say maybe b/c the BG is usually the deciding factor for driving to HS. I’m thinking we’ll skip it today; DS is still sleeping anyway.

:sob::sob::sob::sob: I put dinner in the crock-pot already too :sob::sob::sob: I know, I know NOT a RL problem :frowning:

3 Likes

I am still 77 days out from my trip, plus 2 or 3 days for my DHS day (depending on when I can get an Oga’s reservation). I have been practicing though and trying out all of the tips/tricks. So far I have found that keeping it simple has been working for me. I close all other apps at 6:55, then get into my atomic clock app that has the beeps to countdown the last 5 seconds. Open the MDE, and get to the join screen. When the atomic timer beeps for 6:59:59, refresh and tap away on the join button. My son is usually trying at the same time as me, there will be at least two more on the morning we need it. So far, we have gotten the “Just a moment” screen every time.

3 Likes

I’ve grabbed 4 BGs in the past months… this is the first time in a long time I’ve not picked one up. Very Annoyed!

1 Like

That’s too bad. Good luck at 1pm. I have heard that is easier to get. So, I am keeping that in mind for when our day finally comes. We have been on Rise 3 times already, so it isn’t necessarily a make or break thing for us. But, we haven’t been back since Feb 2020, and that ride is amazing, so we definitely want to get back on.

3 Likes

I LOVE it, my DS has not been on yet so I really want him to experience it. Last time I went my DH was w/ me and all he did was criticize it :face_with_raised_eyebrow: My DDs really liked it though.

2 Likes

Can I hire you to help us on our trip? lol not completely joking…

3 Likes

I had some strangeness in my test this morning. I normally go to view one of my park reservations first to make sure I am logged in and such. When I did that this morning, it just got hung up there. I had to exit the app and go back in. That time it was slow, but worked.

Good luck this afternoon!

1 Like

:flushed: I’m not sure I’d be any help to anyone… but thanks for the vote of confidence. There are SO many MORE ppl w/ more experience in these threads… you just have to ask :wink:

edit to add: encouragement, cheering and enabling are all FREE :wink:

4 Likes

Are you going to still go and try at 1pm?

1 Like

:disappointed: noooooo, I canceled the park res about 30min ago now. DS is still sleeping and it’s pouring down rain here. I can’t justify the gas money for a ‘chance’ at a BG. I’ll go on a day where I snag one at 0700. I really wanted to go to AK today anyways… just want to stroll the trails :wink:

4 Likes

Question: I’ve been practicing at 7 and 1 and have never gotten the red bar. BUT at 7 I get “Just a minute, no park reservation found” instead of a not so fast message. My phone keeps lagging in bringing up my friends and family screen (I’ve tried the tip to have them load faster) so by the time I get Just a minute”, it’s around 7:00:08. My suspicion is this wouldn’t have actually been successful. Anyone else have this message during practice and succeed later? One week to go so gotta get this training routine down! :grin:

1 Like

If your message looks like this, then all indications are that you would have been successful.

@bebe80 could confirm, as I have not been to the park yet!

4 Likes

Not sure, maybe they changed the wording but your attempt sounds successful.

4 Likes