Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

so far I’ve practiced 5 times and got 5 Wait a Minute messages…fingers crossed for my one chance in June!

6 Likes

It appears the message at the top has changed from “Not so Fast” to “Just a Moment”

2 Likes

I cannot hear the phrase “just a moment” and not think of the secretary from Office Space.

1 Like

“Not so fast” was always a little passive aggressive. :wink::rofl:

5 Likes

It’s counter intuitive when we’re all taught here to go as fast as you can! :joy:

I just looked back to my screen recording from my last practice before our trip and the wording was already changed. I didn’t even notice. Must have been this way for a couple months.

3 Likes

I’ve been getting both messages for the last couple of months. I take both as a win as the one time I was late getting a pass it gave me a definitive “all boarding passes have been handed out” message.

4 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

BG 15!! Husband and I both on WiFi at WL. Used time.gov with hold and release right at 7:00:00. Husband got it and I’ve never loved him more :grin:. Left off someone in our party so headed to guest relations. This was our one day to try (and Android beat iPhone for those tracking). Thanks for all the tips!!!

12 Likes

Whoop whoop! Enjoy the ride!!

1 Like

What message do you get when successful when practicing for 1:00 drops?

Just a Moment
No Park Reservation Found or Is Everyone in the Park?

Red bar of death means failure.

2 Likes

Just practiced, just got the “Is everyone in the park” message. 2 for 2 successful practice attempts today!

4 Likes

Same for me. After a few days I think i’ve got the hang of it now. I started out 2/5, but now like 8/10

2 Likes

FYI It’s easier to get the 1pm, you have quite a bit more seconds. The 7am is the hard one as BG’s are usually gone by 7:00:08.

3 Likes

That’s what I have heard. I have wondered why so many people cancel (or at least, consider cancelling) their HS reservations when they don’t get a BG at 7:00 a.m.

1 Like

Could I do the BG test on the Disneyland app and would it work the same? I never remember to try for the 1 pm BG since it’s the middle of my morning. Just wondering if any west coasters have tried the test on DL and if it would be an apples-to-apples test.

1 Like

It’s similar enough. I’d go for it. Doesn’t hurt to get a few more practice runs.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m wondering about very recent experiences with the BG return timeframe. I know in the past the CMs have been very lenient, allowing people to ride many hours after their BG timeframe, and I’m wondering if I can expect this in a few weeks. I’m finally nailing down my TPs and the easiest way to fit ROTR in is right after lunch. If I get a single-digit BG, should I expect any push back if I’m 3-4 hours late? I’d really rather not continue managing multiple TPs for my HS days like I am right now (I’ve got 3 for each of my HS days: early/middle/late BG scenarios).

2 Likes

That has continued to be the case for all recent trip reports I have followed. CMs allow guests into line for RotR any time after the initial call for their group.

4 Likes

My trip isn’t until October. I have downloaded the PDF (thank you!!) but I am not going to start worrying about practicing until early September. Too much can change in the next 4 months!

4 Likes