Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

I’m of the opinion that they should try standby only sometime. I get that during the pandemic it’s probably hard to have a 2-hour queue, but if the ride is still using virtual queue two years after it debuts, that’s a little ridiculous!

5 Likes

I’m sorry if this is a ridiculous question :flushed: but If 2 people from your group are trying and one of you gets it, what happens with the other person’s attempt? Do they get a not so fast? Do they get booted from the system? Do they get a boarding groups full message? Just trying to understand the logistics of 2 people trying. Thanks for any help!

Great question. I’m trying to remember the message that DW got when I was the one that secured the BG. It’s basically an error message that’s unique to that situation. It might have said “something went wrong” ?

1 Like

I just had this happen! I got a “looks like you’re already in a virtual queue message.” I was super confused til I realized my husband had got it.

5 Likes

We showed up about 2.5 hours late last week. No questions or issues at all. Hope this helps!

6 Likes

Thanks for clarifying! That makes sense :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

jwohrle Thanks so much !

1 Like

Is there a general rule of thumb for how long to allow for RotR (queue+ride)?

We have a 3:15pm ADR at B&C on our first HS day. Ideally, we’d do RotR before that and not return to HS. But what would the the latest we could enter the queue and safely make the ADR?

(I understand we can be late for our BG if we do need to go and return.)

1 Like

From what I’ve experienced and from others’ reports, I would allow about an hour for both queue and ride combined. Rarely more than that. Then about 30-40 min combined to get out of HS, wait for and ride a boat (or walk) to be safe. I would conservatively shoot for 1:30 to be the cutoff for getting into the queue.

4 Likes

Perfect! Ty!

Does anyone know if there’s a way to view the world clock on an Apple Watch? I’m going to be solo with just one device (unless I lug my MacBook along, which I’d rather not.)

I have an app on my Apple watch that looks like an orange globe. It seems to be a world clock. There’s also a separate stopwatch one. Also orange.

2 Likes

I use the atomic clock app that has an audible beep that counts down the last 5 seconds of every minute. So, I don’t even have the clock open, it just runs in the background. Haven’t missed on the practice since I have been using it.

2 Likes

Do you know what the app/complication is called? Or the icon? I’m still having trouble finding one with seconds.

1 Like

I don’t know about apps, but the activity watch face (the one with rings plus numbers) does show the seconds

You mean just when you have it enabled, right? :joy:

5 Likes

Nope every minute. 24/7 :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m seriously having a panic attack just imagining. I would go insane. :joy:

1 Like

Eventually your brain would ignore it and you wouldn’t notice it anymore. It’s called “alarm fatigue”.

4 Likes

Thank you