Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

No luck for me. Did everything by instructions above no luck by 2 tenths of a second after 7 am all boarding groups full

:astonished: I don’t even think its possible to get the results until a few seconds after 7:00 :thinking:

It takes until 7:00:03 doing it as quickly as possible to secure a BG.

1 Like

Have you ever practiced successfully?

(I hope this wasn’t a real attempt)

A couple of tips after we were successful this week. We used the time.gov site and had one of the kids count down. We didn’t do any special restarts or anything, but had been using mde regularly, so knew it was logged in. I did peek at the wifi to make sure it wasn’t at zero bars. That was more of a problem at WL than BC.
DH started at :58 and I started at :59, and just mashed the three buttons. I guess we’re fast because he was too early both times. I got 16 and 6.
I actually appreciated the ride more the second time.

I’m guessing with a practice or two, it’s highly likely you’ll be successful day-of

5 Likes

Congrats!

And I also liked it better the second time. (Maybe because I wasn’t worried about taking photos) :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that happening sporadically in the past - not sure if it made a difference, but I got BG1 in November by allowing the app to “pre-load” my party ahead of time:

2 Likes

Epic fail again. I clearly must be doing something wrong. Had time.gov clock set, fast internet speed, it join button instantly party all check hit join again and get the orange box no more groups.

Are you stopping to check your party? Don’t do that. Blow past that screen with Join. Ignore it

Did others in your party attempt and have the same result??

I’d like to help but need questions answered.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I had it happen again today. I will try your suggestion.

1 Like

It is only me. My husband does not want to ride. It was real attempts both times. I don’t wait for anything just keep hitting the join button. It blows past the party but then gets held up. I tried first day with just Verizon no WiFi the second day I was on Dolphin WiFi. No luck either time. I have one more real try on Friday. I guess I just have slow reactions :joy:. I didn’t try at 1 the first day for we were eating lunch; the second day I changed parks so not waiting around to park hop. Keeping my fingers crossed for Friday. This was really suppose to be a relaxing trip no crazy park running, more eat and drink vacation with lots of down time to relax, so not really worried one way or the other. I will be back to try again; thinking of now getting annual pass back but I still may wait until parks are really back to normal. So much is still missing that we enjoy

3 Likes

Nevermind. thought you said wifi both days. Sorry

What kind of phone do you have? I know of someone who has an older phone and is 100% FAIL for all attempts to date

iPhone XS Max so not the absolute newest but not that old. Again maybe just old user with bad reaction times. I have my iPad set to time.gov and my iPhone in hand. It just seems to get locked up after I hit the second join button. I may have to convince my husband to help me out

1 Like

Hopefully DH can help you. Also, early Friday re-boot your phone and log out and back in to MDE.

This is the Way…

6 Likes

Finally success! Got boarding group 69. This was our last attempt for this trip. Followed instructions exactly again with positive results. Now not mentioning husband snickering in the background about the boarding group number.

13 Likes

Phew! :sweat_smile: Thank goodness, enjoy!

2 Likes

ODS on an iphone8 for us a BG at the 1:00 drop. I nabbed one this morning (#13) - iPhone XR. Both times turned off WiFi.

5 Likes

That’s what she said.

2 Likes

Okay Jeffrey