Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

1 yes. I have been successful on all but my first day or trying

1. Within seconds. Like literally by 7:00:05 it’s over

I would pad your schedule with HS ressies and swap to other parks if you want later. You likely won’t be able to go in the other direction.

3 Likes
  1. Pretty much yes, but hard to quantify exact odds.
  2. I’d guess 2-5 sec right now.

My moment of truth is tomorrow. Will report back.

3 Likes

The success rate is very good if you do these important things:

1.) Practice - this gives you a great feel for the process ahead of time
2.) Use a separate device displaying the world time/time.gov - phones can be off by a couple seconds
3.) Have an extra person attempting at the same time - good to have a backup

1 Like

Key point: make sure your MDE is logged in! During practice this morning the app needed to log me back in (I never logged out, and have it set to “keep me logged in” so not sure why it did that) and I didn’t have success because of that smidgy delay. Will add that to my prep steps going forward.

2 Likes

Yep, happens occasionally. That’s why I have it on one of the “Preparing” bullet points. :wink:

LOL Not focused on that I guess. Focused on

SLAM THE BUTTON SLAM THE BUTTON SLAM THE BUTTON!!! FASTER!!! YOURE GOING TOO SLOW!!!

Just sharing my experience this morning :slight_smile: First fail aside from first day trying so that’s good. I have 96 days before travel and something like 99 days before I do this for real :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl: :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Can someone explain to me how to run a speed test on my phone? I just googled it and ran the test, but honestly didn’t know what I should be looking for. It gave me a download and an upload number. My wi-fi was extremely higher than my cell service alone. I just don’t comprehend this part…thanks!

1 Like

I’m not an expert on this, but I think the upload speed (2nd number) is the most important. Someone else can chime in.

I use an app called Speedtest (made by Ookla) but doing a google search like you did is just as good! (By using an app it stores all the speed tests I’ve ever done which is helpful for comparison over time.) Anything in the neighborhood of 5Mbps download (usually the first test run) and upload is sufficient, but good WiFi will get you 20-50Mbps or even 100Mbps or 1Gbps. That is only necessary if you’re streaming 4K on multiple devices simultaneously, but I’m sure it doesn’t hurt when a BG is on the line!

Use whichever connection (WiFi or cellular) is more reliable and highest speed in the area you do your testing.

2 Likes

I had a new issue (for me) when practicing this morning. The app sat on the “select your party” screen for a long time before the join button was able to be selected. By long time, I mean 4 or 5 seconds (I really should record these attempts). Enough that I would not have gotten a BG. Anyone else have this problem? I assume it is just one of those things like not being logged in (I have had that happen, too, @OBNurseNH).

1 Like

Have not experienced that yet. Sounds like a speed issue?

1 Like

I do not think it was on my end, though. I guess that is the importance of having multiple people trying. I have to get the kids to practice!

1 Like

That is odd. Keep playing around. Sounds like a connection issue.

No luck for me. Did everything by instructions above no luck by 2 tenths of a second after 7 am all boarding groups full

:astonished: I don’t even think its possible to get the results until a few seconds after 7:00 :thinking:

It takes until 7:00:03 doing it as quickly as possible to secure a BG.

1 Like

Have you ever practiced successfully?

(I hope this wasn’t a real attempt)

A couple of tips after we were successful this week. We used the time.gov site and had one of the kids count down. We didn’t do any special restarts or anything, but had been using mde regularly, so knew it was logged in. I did peek at the wifi to make sure it wasn’t at zero bars. That was more of a problem at WL than BC.
DH started at :58 and I started at :59, and just mashed the three buttons. I guess we’re fast because he was too early both times. I got 16 and 6.
I actually appreciated the ride more the second time.

I’m guessing with a practice or two, it’s highly likely you’ll be successful day-of

5 Likes

Congrats!

And I also liked it better the second time. (Maybe because I wasn’t worried about taking photos) :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that happening sporadically in the past - not sure if it made a difference, but I got BG1 in November by allowing the app to “pre-load” my party ahead of time:

2 Likes