Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

You could ride rides all day at Disney and never pay a cent!

• Magical Express
  • Skyliner
  • Friendship boats
  • Bus
  • Monorail
  • Ferry
  • Internal resort shuttle

Isn’t there even a hayride at Fort Wilderness? :joy:

3 Likes

Love the list!!

3 Likes

Um… my toddlers LOVE the escalators in the resorts. Those count, too!

6 Likes

:rofl:

You can really tell spring break crowds have arrived! He goes back and forth on SW, he’s more of a Marvel or DC fan or both? The park was more stressful for DH. Outdoors I just move away from ppl wearing chin guards :wink: :smirk:

Ya’ I’ve got nuthin’

2 Likes

Totally OT - am guessing that you typing ‘sudo’ was autocorrect? Chuckled when I saw “computer geek” and “sudo” together, and trying to figure out what your ear had to do with “superuser privileges” :laughing:

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl: purely accidental spelling error. Or I meant to do that, good catch :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Pseudo. I struggle with spelling. And auto correct doesn’t help

2 Likes

Is there a preferred app for checking the WiFi signal strength? And what numbers are good vs bad?

1 Like

Probably any speed test. Not sure exactly but test the wifi first on another app. If it seems slow, compare to your cell data speed.

2 Likes

I use one called Speedtest by Ookla. I’m sure there are equivalent or better ones, but it works great for me.

3 Likes

Thanks @Jeff_AZ and @bebe80!

3 Likes

@bebe80

Just texted with a friend at HS. He followed your directions and got BG 28. He was thrilled.

I asked him if his party was pre-selected/checked or if he had to add them. He said he had to add them.

It was him, wife and 2 daughters. They have been connected via F&F list on MDE for weeks ahead of this trip.

Any thoughts?

3 Likes

If it was this morning, there appeared to be glitches today. If it was another day, it could have just been a one-off issue. Our advice is always to just get the BG for whichever members were selected, and if it didn’t auto select, then go to Guest Services and explain the situation and they will usually add additional members of your party, especially if you experienced a technical issue (but sometimes, frankly, even if there was no issue).

1 Like

@Jeff_AZ

Thanks for following up. It was this morning. Definitely not trying to call anyone out, just wanted to relay what I found out. Love this community!

2 Likes

For those who have had success getting a BG at 1pm while inside HS:

Should I use the park wifi or disconnect?

Didn’t get a BG at 7 this morning and have had zero luck practicing from home at the 1pm drop, so I’m not feeling too confident here!

The Touring Plans blog did an in-park test and determined that using WiFi was faster (but I’m sure you’ll get people arguing the opposite :wink:). The key is whichever you use, make sure you have full bars, do a speed test, etc. Find an area that isn’t too crowded. Whether you’re on cellular or WiFi, delays can happen due to overload from crowds.

3 Likes

That’s helpful. Thanks!

2 Likes

Last week I was successful at 1:00 using WiFi. I was in the courtyard on the way to the relaxation station. I suspect being a party of 1 helps, because I’ve never missed obtaining a BG.

3 Likes

Which relaxation station?

1 Like

Jumping over here from a 4P1D thread to ask for clarification:

@Tall_Paul1 seems to suggest in that thread that you can have HS as your APR, obtain BG at 0700 drop, and then swap out your APR for a different park but your BG doesn’t fall off? Am I reading that right? And if that is the case, what happens if your BG is called well before the 2pm hop time?

1 Like