Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

got this email today, the link was flagged by computer for safety issues :rofl: So, I’m just sharing a snip-it. I think the language at the end is interesting: Virtual queues continue to be helpful with the launch of popular attractions and the debut of new experiences and offerings, so we may use it again from time to time for select attractions in the future.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the same wording they used in the Disney Parks Blog article yesterday.

3 Likes

I am 99.99999% certain they’ll use it for both GotG and Tron when they first open.

4 Likes

I agree!

As long as Guardians becomes an ILL option too… I’ll pay before dealing with VQ nightmares.

2 Likes

Disney’s current language:

I’ll be waiting for any news updates. I expect the VQ process to be the same as when it ended. But I will make any changes to the detailed instructions in the lead post as needed.

3 Likes

FOR TODAY ONLY

GOTG OPENING

5 Likes

Getting my fast fingers ready. They are out of practice since the we utilized VQ for RotR :grimacing: last april!

2 Likes

Note this change (in September) since your last trip.

2 Likes

Change noted, thanks. Good thing is I did well with Boarding Groups in the past. Even got BG 1 for my family thanks to all the tips here! Doesnt make me any less nervous about getting one though lol

3 Likes

This reports says ILL will be available as well…this is good news for on site guests!

2 Likes

Me too! Android for the win.

I will mention there is a always a chance that Disney changes the joining a VQ process again. The OP was current when the Remy VQ ended in January. Will have to wait and find out.

1 Like

Will Guardians (when it opens) be the only ride doing VQ? Or is there another ride doing that right now?

Yes. The Remy VQ ended in January.

1 Like

The Virtual Queue card is back on the MDE home page and Guardians of the Galaxy is on the attraction page to join the VQ.

One thing that I did add to the first post in this thread, is that there is a 6:00pm VQ on Epcot extended hours evenings. The instructions/PDF should still be accurate otherwise.

Time will tell, but I’m hoping the joining process is still the same.

3 Likes

Have I missed it but do we think you can have ILL and VQ same day?
and if your park hopping its impossible to get in VQ unless you have the deluxe extended hours?

1 Like

Yes you can have both. And if you’re deluxe guest you can also get a third ride if you score during the special VQ window at 6pm on extended evening nights.

If you’re hopping to EP you can’t try for VQ

2 Likes

thanks thats annoying, id planned to VQ it and only head over to epcot after 2pm to ride!

edit - hmm but I can try for VQ from hotel and only travel over to epcot when I choose… as long as my park reservation is for epcot.

1 Like

I know it’s been reported in blogs that you can get 2 VQ’s in one day (2nd during Extra Hours), but Disney’s language does not have me convinced of that. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Planning to attempt for a BG on both of our Epcot days but one day we’re not planning to be in the park until 1pm or later. If I get an early BG, will I be able to use it at any point after it’s been called or do I need to be there like for a LL? Should I bother trying to get one at 7 or should I just wait until the 1pm drop?