Checking Every Day?

OK thanks. I saw announcements re indoor masks but missed the outdoor bit.

I had an internal and highly unrealistic debate about whether I could extend my trip a week for this :rofl::rofl:

I have this dream in my head that they open AP purchasing up before 10/1 where I can upgrade to one (I have never had one before), schedule another trip (or 2), and be able to see this during one of them.

1 Like

I have a dream that they’ll announce the return of Fireworks desserts parties in time for my mid-September trip. Whose dream do you think is more likely, lol? I’m going with yours at the moment.

Dream on.
Dream until you dream comes true!

4 Likes

I would like yours as well! :slight_smile:

So @len is saying over on chat that wdw is having briefing calls with media about genie today. And to expect something to pop up on the Disney parks blog around 4:30 5 PM. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Ugh…please don’t debut this before 10/1…it will be a complete nightmare!

2 Likes

@SteveBloom also mentioned a discussion on YouTube Touring Plans channel at 5pm EST.

3 Likes

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I just want them to get it over with….

2 Likes

Boma’s menu has updated. I will note that the update very clearly states PARTIAL LISTING for both the breakfast and dinner buffets so they haven’t listed everything that will be on the buffets but it looks good and the prices haven’t changed!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/amp/dining/boma-flavors-of-africa/news/18aug2021-new-breakfast-and-dinner-menus-released-for-boma-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge.htm?__twitter_impression=true

4 Likes

Breakfast - the only really unique item is the bobotie

Dinner offers a few more unique items - mostly in the salad groups.

Not impressive, but not surprising. If they are going to have it CM served buffet, they can’t very well offer the full 50-item (guesstimate) spread they used to have.

It’s sad though.

1 Like

It is a partial listing so I think there will be more unique items considering they’ve pretty much covered all the standard breakfast offerings, at least. Dinner has more unique items and I think there will be more than listed. I wonder if they’re still finalizing things or have plans to rotate items so aren’t listing them yet. The blogger articles and reviews on Friday will be interesting.

1 Like

No way - we’ll be the only folks who know how to use it yet! I hope it happens!

1 Like

I saw that it’s a partial listing, but I will be surprised if there is very much more due to the CM component.

1 Like

It shouldn’t happen before 10/1.

Most of it is going to be similar to what I wrote last week: paid FP with various tiers, costs, and rules.

I’m told the Genie app will have many features from Lines in it. We’ll see soon.

7 Likes

Have you all been consultants on this project at all?

1 Like

No. Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery.

True story: A Liner got picked by Disney to do user experience testing for Genie a couple of weeks ago. The Disney person didn’t know the Liner, but began the presentation with “Please don’t tell the Disney Dish podcast about this for now.”

15 Likes

I was listening to the Welcome Home Podcast yesterday and they were having the same discussion that we had here- they trust the TP app because it is designed to help us. They are concerned the Genie app will be designed to benefit Disney.

8 Likes