ChatGPT compared with Genie: better, worse, or about the same?

I’ve been playing around with ChatGPT because it has the education world all in an uproar. Today I tasked it with creating an itinerary for a day at Magic Kingdom. In reading its output and comparing it with what the Disney Genie would give me, I had flashbacks to the optometrist’s office and trying to answer the “better, worse, or about the same?” questions with different lenses. :rofl:

Here’s what ChatGPT told me to do:
------------‐--------------------
Here’s a sample touring plan for a day at Disney’s Magic Kingdom:

9:00 am - Arrive at the park and head to Fantasyland for some of the most popular attractions. Start with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, a family-friendly roller coaster based on the Disney classic “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”

10:00 am - Make your way over to Adventureland and embark on a swashbuckling adventure on Pirates of the Caribbean.

11:00 am - Head to Frontierland and experience the thrill of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, a wild ride through an old west mining town.

12:00 pm - Take a break and enjoy a leisurely lunch at one of the park’s many dining options, such as the Liberty Tree Tavern or the Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.

1:00 pm - Visit Tomorrowland and experience the high-speed thrills of Space Mountain, a roller coaster through the galaxy.

2:00 pm - Take a leisurely stroll through Liberty Square and visit the Haunted Mansion, a spooky attraction filled with ghostly special effects and eerie surprises.

3:00 pm - Head back to Fantasyland to meet some of your favorite Disney Princesses at Princess Fairytale Hall.

4:00 pm - End your day with the nightly parade, “Festival of Fantasy,” featuring Disney characters, floats, and stunning lighting effects.

5:00 pm - Catch the nightly fireworks display, “Happily Ever After,” over Cinderella’s Castle.

Remember, this is just one possible touring plan and there are many other attractions, shows, and experiences to enjoy at the Magic Kingdom. Feel free to customize this plan to suit your own interests and schedule.

2 Likes

Interesting times, there. I guess you go back to your resort at 6, huh? :joy:

1 Like

Ha ha, right? I’m surprised it didn’t recommend dinner. I know ChatGPT has said it only pulls info from 2021 and earlier, so maybe the covid-era hours influenced this?

3 Likes

Did they have parades and fireworks in 2021? I know they didn’t in 2020 after reopening.

And a nighttime parade (at 4 pm, no less)? Where did it get that?

I find that actually quite funny!

Yeah the times are wrong but the order makes more sense. You actually need to learn how to coach it. You can gone it specific instructions like stat at 8am exactly at 7dmt then do PP and after head to Adventureland. I think with the proper coaching it will be better than Genie.

1 Like

Damning with faint praise :grimacing:

1 Like

[quote="Flutegarden, post:5,

I agree!