Charging MagicBand+

We are getting the MagicBand+ for our upcoming trip, and I understand that—at least for the new functions (e.g., Bounty Hunters, activating statues, etc.)—they need to be charged. Does anyone happen to know what kind of charger is needed for them?

I went to the ShopDisney site a few days ago, and they had chargers available. I threw one in my cart and figured I would look at this again later. However, when I logged back in, it was no longer in my cart and the chargers were no longer available for purchase. So, I figure there must be some standard way to charge them if Disney doesn’t sell the chargers online anymore.

2 Likes

the charging device comes w/ the MB+ so there is no need to buy another. Just make sure you look in your box. Many ppl were discarding them accidentally.

3 Likes

Oh, good. I thought it was weird that they wouldn’t provide the charger. Thank you for your quick response. I’m glad I didn’t order one separately. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In MDE it will tell you it’s charge too. Mine is currently charging.

2 Likes

Would you say that it needs to be charged each night after a day in the parks?

1 Like

I don’t know how often they need to be charged. I often bring my pig charger thing and since this charger requires a usb port you’ll need something in your room. If you have a large family you’ll need something to charge all of them at one time. I dont’ know how long they take to charge either but it was fully charged yesterday before I went to the park and is now currently charging.

1 Like

Let’s tag @ThorKat to get her thoughts from experience :thinking:

1 Like

I love the pig charger! That is cute. There are only three of us, but I’ll definitely be bringing my multi-USB charger, since there are so many devices to charge now.

1 Like

I’m local so haven’t used mine more than 1 day at a time. I think it also depends what you are doing. Playing the bounty hunter game is going to drain it faster. My last park day was just using it to tap in. A couple statues and some of the ride things. I was gone for a total of around 12 hours and it still showed a full charge when I got home.

If you have the outlets I would just charge it each night or break time so you start your day with as much juice as possible.

It was also discussed that you can turn it off to save power. I tried this on my last park day last Sunday. I just turned it on and it says charge soon so :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

hold down the button on the back and wait for the second set of vibrations. Is that right @lizzieanne771 ?

2 Likes

Yes. There will be a single, then a double set of vibrations. At that point it lights up red.

2 Likes

We charged ours each day, I would say the bands were often about 50% by the end of the day (based solely on how the front lit up when I plugged it in). They don’t need to actually charge all night though, I would usually plug two in when we got back to the room, and within a couple hours they were full and I would plug the other one in.

3 Likes