Character experiences

That is fabulous!

1 Like

Two favorites:

1. Daisy Duck in Animal Kingdom.:

DD was happy to get a picture and her autograph book signed.

Dad was all in there trying to get in the picture…LOL

DS was at the age where he was becoming too cool to take pictures with Disney Chanters. Little did he know there was an Disney Park Officer lurking in the background watching him.

Next thing we knew the Officer came over and took out his ticket book. Started asking probing questions to my DS as to why he was not participating in the family fun.

Next thing we new, DS got his first ticket!

1. Belle in France Pavilion:

DD was on a mission to fill in her entire autograph book this trip.

While chatting, DD mentioned that her brother was not into pictures. After a little more inquiring by Belle, DD pointed out where DS was sitting; on the other side of the Pavilion. Off they went!

Look how DD is beaning in this one!

Mission accomplished!

8 Likes

On our most recent trip my younger son (4) decided he hated characters, and after a few days wouldn’t even be in the picture. Until we met Piglet.

9 Likes

Piglet makes everyone smile. Just ask @sanstitre_has_left_the_building

6 Likes

When DS was 7, he had an awesome experience with Baymax. DS was very interested in the workbench that was in the room and Baymax hobbled over to the workbench to show DS the tools. DS ended up playing with him a bit, sneaking and tiptoeing around Baymax. Baymax totally went along with it and continued to interact with DS. It was a great experience.

When DS was 3, he was really excited to meet Woody. DS started to do a kind of funny “crab walk” out of excitement and Woody started doing the same, which was quite funny. Then Woody got down on his knees so that DS could hug him and interact with him better.

Like you, I’m not that into character meets and would rather schedule a character meal than waste precious park time. However, those two experiences were pretty great.

5 Likes

Awesome! We had the same in January with our 4 year old, but it was Grumpy!

4 Likes

On our visit in January 2020 we went to StoryBook Dining at Artist Point and all of the kids still talk about our interaction with the evil queen. She was talking to the kids about having dining mines and how many “subjects” the kids had. Then she said “Do you know how many I own”. To which I respond “diamond mines or people”. She caught herself for a second realizing her wording of the question. Then responded with “Will someone please remove the jester”. The kids still talk about the experience with the evil queen and I have to say she was not going to break character and made that meal so worth it.

5 Likes

I’m sensing a pattern with my youngest. He liked Grumpy and Eyeore only.

4 Likes

4 Likes