Character dining without kids?

Going in September, it’s been close to 10 years and this will be our first trip without any kids - not even a surly teen! My initial thought was to skip character meals altogether - I think I’d generally rather spend my money on food rather than the premium for the experience. But… they always did add to the fun when we went in the past with our kids. They’re all adults now! Any thoughts on character meals for an adult party of 2?

You are going to get a wide range of answers to this because it really comes down to personal preference.

I skip character meals for adult-only trips. DW and I enjoy character meals with the kids, but wouldn’t enjoy them with just the 2 of us. Instead DW and I would either (a) opt for “higher” end dining experiences like CG, Jiko, Boathouse, etc or (b) eat something quick and spend more time in the parks.

I love doing character meals, even as an adult party of 1. I usually one a trip (but not more than one).

2 Likes

I have done and will again if the mood strikes!

DD21 and I went to Topolinos for breakfast and loved it. While she is my “kid” I guess she’s technically an adult. If you find a meal you like, go for it.

2 Likes

I definitely would.

1 Like

I am not the person to ask as may be known here. I’d rather eat character meals. One of my most fun recent character interactions came after being primed by a great Jungle Cruise skipper. At breakfast I looked at Tigger and said, we’re so hoppy to see you! (I could insert a photo here)

All seriousness aside, probably resort character meals might be a little less kid centric. Other than Chef Mickey.

2 Likes

I really like going to Crystal Palace for Tigger and the gang - without kids, but especially WITH Liners!!

3 Likes

In May I remotely checked in at 10 am for our 10:20 ADR. We were seated at 11. “We’re running behind”.

We ate all we wanted and waited patiently for each character, which we got to visit with and hug. Left the restaurant sometime after 12:30.

This is our first time needing to spend this much time to see all the characters at any restaurant.

3 Likes

I think it depends on who you’re with! I wouldn’t go with just my DH (we’d rather do different meals for us if it was the two of us without the kids, and he’s ) but I had the best time at Topolino’s with @Dreamer, @Enchantedbythemouse and @katielouhou! Fantastic character interactions, great food and absolutely wonderful company!

6 Likes

That was a fun meal!

2 Likes

I ampro character meal any time. Even solo!

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
It was fabulous!

1 Like

I love Topolino’s breakfast! It has been my mom/teen dd date spot, but I would even go solo!

3 Likes

I like having at least one character meal per adult trip. I will say it was eye opening when my 1900 Park Fare breakfast for two cost the same as my Jiko dinner…

But I would do 1900 Park Fare again.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the input! I’m definitely considering it now! It occurred to me that I live near a big city with many excellent restaurants but I can only get a character meal at Disney.

5 Likes

Just did Chef Mickey’s solo Sunday. There was always someone around willing to help me take pictures with the characters and I don’t feel like I was overlooked or got less character interaction being solo. I hope you go and enjoy yourself.

4 Likes