Character Couture Experiences?

After reading multiple reviews of the new Character Couture salon experiences at the resort hotels, I’ve booked two of the Timeless Transformations for my upcoming trip - one for my first full day at the parks, when I plan to wear my Ariel Disney Bound outfit and visit the Grotto, and one for my last full day, when I plan to wear my new Rapunzel Disney Bound and visit Princess Fairytale Hall. I’m trying to decide which accessories to bring with me, but information on what specific hair accessories the salons tend to have available seems to be scarce, and I suspect there’s some variation. I did read that there are colored hair extensions they use for Rapunzel, but they don’t tend to have flowers; and I’ve seen a number of pictures of the princess tiara they offer (which appears to be fairly generic).

So, does anyone have experiences with the Character Couture options you’d be willing to share, particularly if you went for Ariel or Rapunzel looks? What kind of hair options were you given in particular, and what if anything do you wish you’d brought?

1 Like

Bump and following. My wife and daughter are planning to do this in July, and I’ve been tasked with gathering intel.

2 Likes

Have you tried calling? I might do that to get a better idea. Also I did a search on it and came up with a article/segment done by Today Show staffer, that doesn’t specifically answer your question, but does give some good insight to the process.

here are some articles I found:

Good luck and have fun! I hope you will come back and share your experience with us!

Did you end up doing character couture for your trip (has your trip happened yet?)? How was your experience?

No, I haven’t gone yet - my trip’s in October and I’ll be doing one on my first full day at the parks and one on my last. But I’m planning to bring some accessories I’d like to use if they don’t happen to have them already (a flower crown and some flower clips for Rapunzel, a big blue bow and some sea-themed hair pins for Ariel), as well as some setting spray, and I’ll be doing foundation and blush beforehand as I know the makeup focuses on the eyes and lips and it’s an extra fee (and extra time) for anything else.

I’ll definitely try to post a recap of my experiences when I’ve done them!

2 Likes

My two friend s and I all did Character Couture for spring Dapper Days. We each ended up with fabulous looks. Our stylists all asked us for input on what we had in mind or what our inspiration was and they came up with three very different looks. They don’t have a menu of looks to choose from, each guest gets a unique look. It was a lot of fun and made our Dapper Day extra special.

1 Like

What looks did you go with? I’m thinking of doing it before my MNSSHP since we aren’t visiting a park that morning.

1 Like

The three of us were dressed as Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather. Our hair styles were more vintage inspired to coordinate with our outfits and our makeup used shades of pink, green, and blue.

2 Likes