Changes to Be Our Guest dinner

I’m just glad we are getting our ADR in in May. I keep debating if our next trip in 2020 or 2021 will be DW or DL. Family wants to see Star Wars Galaxys Edge. More and more I am leaning towards DL. We will see.

I agree with your post.

However if you click on ‘Additional Information’ on the BOG dining page, it comes up with an interests section, which lists “What’s New, Disney Princesses”.

Part of me can’t help but wonder if they will introduce Belle alongside The Beast for dinner. So as to continue to attract the families who may otherwise balk at the expense.

There’s actually quite a few restaurants that are very high quality. Restaurant’s like Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Flying Fish, Narcoossee’s are all amazing and comparable to many fine dining restaurants you would find in larger cities. Victoria & Albert’s is on another level and is one of the finest restaurants in the entire country.

1 Like

Maybe the beast will start appearing at breakfast and lunch too, that might lesson the dissapointment for some. I think one of the reasons it was so popular was the alcohol. I wonder if somewhere else in the park will start serving it, maybe skippers canteen as a way to boost numbers. Did Akershus change to a 2 credit meal?

I mean it is kinda ridiculous that parties of 6 are taking up room to order 3 appetizers and sit there and talk for 3 hours.

So this really makes me surprised but at the same time not at all surprised. I am sure that the number 1 reason for the change is to increase the average check and also, because they can. However, it seems like they over rotated a TAD on this one.

First, you put escargot on a menu and I don’t care if it is followed by 7 different kinds of nuggets, MOST kids are going to turn their noses up. Second, ok, if you really wanted to weed out kids and go all fine dining, the restaurant seems WAY too big. The noise level and the sheer amount of meals that need to be prepared don’t really seem to lend themselves to fine dining.

I did many adults only trips before I had kids and LOVE Jiko, California Grill and Flying Fish. They are amazing and I personally feel can “get away” with a higher caliber menu because they are at resorts. So at least some percentage of the diners are able to dress up a bit, perhaps shower, or have Nana/Papa watching the kids in the room, etc. I’m also a big fan of the Skipper Canteen (took my DS1 there!) but it is smaller and seems to cater to more of a niche market.

I just don’t understand how you can take your biggest (at least it seems like it?) sit-down restaurant at the Magic Kingdom and try to weed out families in this way. They could make it more expensive and even slightly more fine dining without going as far as they did. There’s also something to be said for more expensive and not even as fine dining! I’m sure people would pay.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to be that far off from what Cinderella’s Royal Table offers, maybe a notch up. The escargot is putting a lot of people off but they are truly delicious when prepared well!

I’m just happy that the cupcake-and-soup crowd are being pushed out. This decision is a win in my book.

Skippers Canteen already serves alcohol, along with Tony’s, Liberty Tree Tavern and CRT (plus BoG obviously).

2 Likes

I was only there 14 months ago, I wonder what else has changed

1 Like

I agree, my first thought was how is this any different than the crazy prices at CRT? People with children will still go. The food quality at BOG was really good when it first opened, I had lamb there that was almost identical to the lamb I had at Club 33 in Disneyland. The next year we went to BOG again, and it was not good. I am excited for the menu change, and hoping the food is much higher in quality. I too enjoy escargot if prepared well. My teens appreciate a nice meal as well, so they won’t be put off by the menu.