Change to Ohana Menu Reported 7/22/14

I will surely ask because he doesn’t eat much of anything. I usually give him whole wheat pasta with a bit of butter and some Parmesan cheese.

Tell me about the dressing on the salad and these lettuce wraps and chicken wings.

We crossed Ohana off our list a long time ago but I don’t know that I’d be ready to make a change based on one report from a blogger.

He doesn’t like the pineapple flavor, even though he loves pineapple :unamused:. It’s ridiculous, but I digress. He absolutely loves carbs and the noodles are a huge hit with him. I think your kids will be able to find something they like. :blush:

1 Like

O boy, we have ADR there for December but every day its something new going on here… :grimacing:

Sad to see all these changes to Ohana. We loved it 2 years ago but scrapped it for our next trip when they removed the chicken skewers

Wow! Once was enough for us at Ohana, plenty of better restaurants around on the Monorail loop anyway IMO.

I agree with a lot of the posts. We just returned from 14 days in WDW and held 3 ADRs for Ohana. After the first one, we cancelled the second 2. It used to be our favorite spot, now it’s an afterthought. Someone dropped the ball on this one.

This seems really odd: “We have things on our menu that you can have if you ask, but we don’t put them on the menu, so you won’t know to ask.”

We were just there last Friday. What constitutes the salad? We didn’t get any kind of salad per se, but got what I’d call lettuce wraps with filling to go inside.

Hi @marciemiwi, it was an actual salad in a bowl that they’d bring out prior to the noodles etc. I didn’t care for it myself but I believe at one time it had a delicious dressing that was changed in the not too distant past. The lettuce wraps were added more recently when the chicken was removed from the menu.

Doesn’t really bother me. I wasn’t a big fan of the dressing or the oranges.

Thanks @bwalker75. Kind of wish I’d known because I was there with a picky kid (okay, he’s 22!) who didn’t eat almost anything that came in the first half of the meal (he doesn’t like bread, the lettuce wraps were gross, the chicken wings were too sweet, potstickers are gross…you get the idea!). He would have eaten a salad if it had any kind of a normal dressing. And he did eat about 50 shrimp to make up for it.

One funny story - I asked for one of the Bluetini’s for him and waiter was completely like “Oh, no! It has ALCOHOL in it!” I said we realized that and he was like “HE is 21?! No. I need to see ID.” Like “Um, yeah, he’s 22 and an Air Force Officer!” My middle son turns 21 today so I guess we’ll see how it goes when I take him in a week!!

1 Like

Since they were adding the lettuce wraps I was wondering about the salad. At least you can still request it. I know I will!

1 Like