Celebrating 20 yEARS: A DLR Anniversary Trip

Ah fun! We are definitely planning the monorail crawl but likely on the 12th! Maybe we will be able to cross paths at some point. I think on Saturday we will mostly bounce around DS but we might have time to kill in the afternoon in which we could find our way to a resort! We are BLT on Sunday night and going to the Xmas Party.

2 Likes

That’s funny! I’ve been debating between switching days because the crowd calendar said Sunday would be worse than Saturday at Epcot for crowds. Not sure I even can now though.

1 Like

OK but I know you guys are dying to know the laundry sitch at GCH

I once wrote an article for a blog that was all about Doing Your Laundry At WDW . Some of that information may be out of date by now as that is a long time ago. But because of that lots of people tease me about laundry stuff and some actually ask me real questions about it. I was recently reminded that, for a brief time, my tagline was related (something to do with the best smelling - or was it the worse smelling? - luggage). Anyway, I made sure to visit the laundry area to keep up my reputation. Here you go!

7 Likes

Wow, that’s the nicest laundry room I’ve seen! A nice chair!

Did you do laundry for just you and DH?

2 Likes

No. I did not do laundry on this short trip

2 Likes

But I will say that my sister and I WILL do laundry on our marathon weekend trip. But that’s because we will be extra stinky after all those miles.

Will be happy to have in-room machines, too!

3 Likes

I am not planning to pack next week as if I am doing laundry, but the highs keep creeping up so maybe I will! And you just reminded me that we should have an in-room machine so gotta go find my tide pods!

2 Likes

I might have done our laundry if the machines were in-room at GCH. It’s so easy to pop a load in before you head out for wherever and switch it over when you get back.

3 Likes

The Trees Are EVERYWHERE at DLR!

On arrival and seeing our room view I noticed there was a Tree not unlike The Best Tree In the World just outside my balcony.

When others noticed this too, @StinsyLinson asked me to keep an eye out to decide which tree is my favorite tree.

It wasn’t easy! They are literally EVERYWHERE! One thing that DLR does a million times better than WDW is extending the Christmas decor into every nook and cranny of that small resort.

I tried to keep track and took a lot of pictures, and there are many more of which I did not snap photos. I could do a whole book on the Christmas trees of DLR. But here are the top 10… or 11 :smiley:

Which one do you think is my favorite? No fair if you follow me on Insta and already saw it posted there!!

10 Likes

The washer/dryer in the Villas :blush:. The week we were there we washed clothes just for fun :rofl: I also came back to the room to change clothes and my BFF was vacuuming with the in room vacuum :crazy_face::rofl:

5 Likes

These are some excellent trees.

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with “the best tree in the world”. Is that a WDW thing?

But that does look a little like the tree in my backyard. Different color leaves right now though…

5 Likes

The Best Tree In the World is this tree, which I love deeply

Stick around and you’ll see people share their pics of her with me tagged so I can see her as often as possible :smiley:

Your tree is awfully pretty, and what a great spot for a hammock!

6 Likes

Ah ok. :laughing: I thought it might be that one or the real tree in Liberty Square.

2 Likes

That was one of my big takeaways from our 2019 trip to DLR. This scene below happened thirty minutes after entering the park on arrival day…

9 Likes

That outdoor fireplace was my SPlace in my 20’s. It’s so quiet and removed from the rest of it all, I could spend hours rocking there.

3 Likes

Years ago my friend and her kids were gifted a trip to Disneyland by her sister. My friend was not enthusiastic about the trip. But immediately upon entering the park the first day, Pluto came over and started playing with her daughter. Took maybe five minutes and my friend was a Disney convert.

5 Likes

Where is the tree with the African masks and purple flowers? DLH somewhere? I really like that one! I also have a soft spot for the little JC tree on top of the building. I hesitate to guess which is your fave. :joy:

3 Likes

I changed our monorail crawl to Sunday for a few reasons. One of which is so we can watch the later party fireworks from the Poly. So maybe we will see you around that evening!

4 Likes

That one is in the Adventure Tower (?) at DLHotel

And you should guess because nobody else has. At all. Lol.

3 Likes