CDC says vaccinated people don’t need masks

Show your vaccine card upon entrance & get a sticker from Disney to put on one’s shirt that allows one to go mask-free? Would be especially great for photopass. Just a thought.

1 Like

except for all the forgeries out there now

6 Likes

Exactly. The problem is that now we’d need businesses and their employees to be able to validate vaccine evidence (and exceptions, which has already been a source of conflict under mask mandates).

With no national vaccine passport/program (not saying we should have this, just that it’s lack of existence is an issue for enforcement), validation is a joke.

2 Likes

I replied elsewhere on this thread that it seems to me it would be simple to present one’s vaccination card upon entrance and get a sticker to put on one’s shirt that allows one to freely go through the park maskless, including photopass etc. Would seem to be the simplest solution & make enforcement easy, no?

1 Like

I think the concern (and not trying to make a political statement) is sharing your medical records. Now, I believe kids have to do this to enter public school so maybe it’s not a big deal. I honestly have no clue as to the best solution or valid arguments for or against.

Also, maybe there is a fear people would just replicate the stickers and you could have fraud. Is there a scenario where Disney feels like they could be held liable if someone gets Covid and dies, they visited Disney and it could be proved that people also at Disney at the same time were not vaccinated but had these stickers? I don’t know. It’s all so confusing.

1 Like

Nothing will ever be 100% ever. Not now. Not ever. Not next century. Everything ever has a loophole. People will find one, create one, build one.

So don’t bother?

A vaccine card isn’t a medical history. It’s a simple vaccine card. If someone really wants to go through the trouble and effort of faking a vaccine card… sigh… whatever.

That feels reasonable. I don’t have answers. If I have to show a card to not wear a mask, I’m fine with that. I think people would likely feel the same as long as showing the vaccine card isn’t the ability to go / not go, enter / not enter, travel / not travel and is more about wear mask or not wear mask.

2 Likes

Well right now no one has to wear a mask outdoors at Disney b/c they said so (Disney doesn’t state un/vaxed but all guests can be maskless outdoors) The CDC said unvaxed should remain masked so it becomes the honor system and well… :zipper_mouth_face: ok I’m not impressed w/ my fellow humans of late. Let’s say all ppl vaxed or not go maskless… those at risk are the unvaxed… right? Unfortunately, at Disney that means a lot of children. It would be nice to believe that unvaxed adults would care about other ppl but I don’t see that out and about in RL. I know the CDC is looking into the risk data for unvaxed children right now (per their site) and I hope they are able to share something comforting to parents.

finally I am suprised that Disney would go in this direction considering they cater to families whereas Universal caters to thinish adults. We just all have to remember that Disney warns us of the risk and it’s ours to take :frowning:

edited to add: opps not directed at you specifically @Jmarkey86

8 Likes

What I appreciate about these types of conversations is Liner’s ability to recognize nuance in how WDW is responding the CDC guidance.

As a vaccinated adult going Friday with my vaccinated wife, I’m both excited and empathetic to those that are not. I’m not sure if the other two family members we are going with are vaccinated or not, but if not, they’ve at least had the option to be.

4 Likes

I’m dying. That’s funny.

3 Likes

I do have to admit that being able to take off my mask at MK on Sunday was lovely :relieved: When I was in congested areas I put it back on. I am fully vaxed, but can tell I’ve been conditioned :wink: I also noted there were many like me masked in areas not necessary. Honestly I was worried about dropping my mask (I noticed many masks laying about the grounds).

It’s true!

Ok what is with “you’re replying too quickly??!!??!!”

2 Likes

I think it is a way to weed out bots. Except wouldn’t a bot have a mechanism to pace itself?
I always get warned I’m replying too quickly. Irritates the snot out of me.

4 Likes

And I was replying to two different posts! I read fast. lol

1 Like

… well… it’s only funny if you’re thinish :frowning: Someone else wrote in a thread here about how they thought USO really didn’t care about how all guests felt welcome in their parks: disabled, overweight etc. I can’t remember their list… I have friend who’s brother that is confined to a wheel chair and was heartbroken that he couldn’t enter the shops in the Harry Potter area. The story behind how USO got Harry Potter and WDW didn’t is b/c WDW wouldn’t back down on accessibility and JKR wanted it to look like the books/movies. Which to me translates to: Not all are welcome here.

5 Likes

Yup. It will be interesting to see if our ecvs can go in the stores or if I’m going to have to be in pain to look around. Also, way more rides that don’t accommodate sizes and disabilities. Good for WDW btw.

3 Likes

Oh. That’s bizarre. I didn’t know it was even legal.

1 Like

Well… I think they met bare minimums but next time you are there pay attention to the size of the stores’ walkways and how unaccommodating they are to wheelchairs etc.

3 Likes

Huh. I hadn’t heard about accessibility being a point of contention, it was more about how much space was allocated (WDW was offering a small addition to Fantasyland in MK with 2 smallish attractions and a quick serve), and much less in terms of distinct timing (supposedly WDW insisted on Coke products being available, etc).

The small size of the shops is an issue for a number of reasons. A sacrifice made for “authenticity” but creating so many accessibility issues is concerning. And the narrow walkways, even outdoors, has made WWoHP uncomfortable during COVID as well.

5 Likes

I forgot about this part too, but there was an issue w/ the look of the attractions and it was reported that JKR didn’t like “how much space” there was to allow for greater crowds and accessibility and that it took away from her vision. She wanted more say/control than WDW would permit too.

2 Likes