CDC Ends Covid-19 Program for Cruises

I believe (and I may be wrong) these are people with medical contraindications.

Nope, it’s no questions asked now.

“We can now accommodate up to 10% of unvaccinated guests on most sailings without burdensome exemptions or vaccine status justification, available on a first-come, first-served basis.”

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing that. I did not realize. Wow.

3 Likes

The 10% is generally to allow exceptional cases, not just a general rule.

Not according to that link! :hushed:

According to the link, the 10% is to stay in line with CDC recommendations, which are in place to allow limited unvaccinated guests. Allowing unlimited unvaccinated guests is not being recommended.

1 Like

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

2 Likes

I guess I’m not appreciating the definition of exceptional.

If they allow up to 10% on a first come first served basis, that doesn’t sound exceptional, as in “we will only make a rare exception”

Ot sounds like, “We have room for 2,200 pax. So we can have 220 unvaccinated.”

I love the wording “without burdensome exemptions.”

Maybe next year will be 25%. Or 40%.

There are many ports that no longer require vaccines to enter.

2 Likes

A majority of people are vaccinated. So they want to allocate allowance for the exceptional cases. But there is still a limit.

Ok. I have always wanted to be considered exceptional. I’ll accept the title. :innocent:

3 Likes

@Jeff_AZ
Tell me you are googling about the bear.

3 Likes

Heck no, I’m already terrified of being killed by a bear. :joy:

1 Like

Hehe. Well…that wasn’t EXACTLY what I was intending…but sure! Embrace it! :grin:

She scared the bear away AND WENT BACK TO BED!

3 Likes

I’m cracking up alone in my room.

I was thinking about cruising is better than camping bc no bears.
Then I was thinking about if the cruise line let 10% of the pax be bears, how THAT would be exceptional.

Im laughing so hard I can’t breathe. And I’m crying.

And I just thought this should probably be in random musings or something instead of this thread.

6 Likes

Another incremental step towards a return to normal:

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1552640805281603585?s=21&t=FKckSuYBuOqq323hGeDUoA

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. My August 2023 cruise is 5 nights.

2 Likes

I wonder if they make a fully vaccinated distinction, and, if so, where they would draw that line (1 booster less than 6 months ago, etc.).

1 Like

Of course my cruise in February is 7 nights…

1 Like

Current vaccination wording from RCL’s site:

Vaccination Requirement

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing.

Children age 11 and under do not require COVID-19 vaccination to cruise. However, kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests. If you are cruising with an unvaccinated child, there are some specific health protocols you will need to be aware of.

Each guest’s regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. This is per U.S. CDC guidance, and no exceptions will be made, even if the guest’s resident country has authorized a single-shot regimen for a two dose vaccine.

1 Like