Looking for some resort information! We haven’t stayed at CBR in a VERY long time. I’ve read it has undergone a lot of renovations since the skyliner arrived. Last visit, we stayed at POR and loved it! The kids loved the ferry because we had dinner at Disney Springs a lot and they could have stayed on the pool water slide for the whole week. We hope to go again in about a year with 2 eight year old and 2 four year old grandkids! How would you compare the rooms, pools, food court/restaurants, transportation (I know CBR is big), and overall convenience? Thanks for your time!
I can’t amswer you question, but just want to say I think the POR pool is the most under rated pool in all of WDW. It is so awesome (as your family seems to agree).
I have not stayed at POR, so I can’t compare. I can tell you that we loved CBR.
I have a 4 year old and an 8 year old.
- beautiful and island themed. So relaxing
- 2 pool slides
- easy and quick access to SL, meaning fast transport to 2 parks
- access to Riviera buses if you don’t want to take CBR buses
- quiet pools! We loved these before the main pool opened
- staff were kind and considerate
-easy access to BCV, BWV, AoA, Pop, Riviera which opens up dining options
- not all rooms are renovated yet to the new theme (they might be before you arrive, but I’m no expert), so some people say the rooms need a refresh. They were just fine for our needs, and I have no complaints
- sprawling. It is a lot of walking to get around the resort. We were in building #45 and we could easily get to OPR for swimming.
- bus stops - this was not a problem in the morning because they split the buses into the two sides so they don’t make every stop. This was a problem in the afternoon because they take all 6 stops. I would try to hop to EP or HS in the afternoon to avoid those.
I would 100% without a doubt stay here again, and I hope I can afford it by my next trip. We loved it here. It really depends on what your needs and “vibe” are for your trip. I’m sure I’m missing other pros.
Thank you so much! The pictures are beautiful!!
It was wonderful! We stayed just across the bridge from the main pool in Magnolia Bend
Everything we saw was beautiful and so well maintained.
I would add that if your priorities are DS restaurants then staying at CBR would not make a ton of sense for you. The offer buses but it obviously less convenient than POR. We didn’t go to DS once, so it didn’t matter to me.