CBR vs POR

Looking for some resort information! We haven’t stayed at CBR in a VERY long time. I’ve read it has undergone a lot of renovations since the skyliner arrived. Last visit, we stayed at POR and loved it! The kids loved the ferry because we had dinner at Disney Springs a lot and they could have stayed on the pool water slide for the whole week. We hope to go again in about a year with 2 eight year old and 2 four year old grandkids! How would you compare the rooms, pools, food court/restaurants, transportation (I know CBR is big), and overall convenience? Thanks for your time!

1 Like

I can’t amswer you question, but just want to say I think the POR pool is the most under rated pool in all of WDW. It is so awesome (as your family seems to agree).

1 Like

I have not stayed at POR, so I can’t compare. I can tell you that we loved CBR.

I have a 4 year old and an 8 year old.

Pros

• beautiful and island themed. So relaxing
  • 2 pool slides
  • easy and quick access to SL, meaning fast transport to 2 parks
  • access to Riviera buses if you don’t want to take CBR buses
  • quiet pools! We loved these before the main pool opened
  • staff were kind and considerate
    -5th sleeper
    -easy access to BCV, BWV, AoA, Pop, Riviera which opens up dining options

Cons

• not all rooms are renovated yet to the new theme (they might be before you arrive, but I’m no expert), so some people say the rooms need a refresh. They were just fine for our needs, and I have no complaints
  • sprawling. It is a lot of walking to get around the resort. We were in building #45 and we could easily get to OPR for swimming.
  • bus stops - this was not a problem in the morning because they split the buses into the two sides so they don’t make every stop. This was a problem in the afternoon because they take all 6 stops. I would try to hop to EP or HS in the afternoon to avoid those.

I would 100% without a doubt stay here again, and I hope I can afford it by my next trip. We loved it here. It really depends on what your needs and “vibe” are for your trip. I’m sure I’m missing other pros.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! The pictures are beautiful!!

1 Like

It was wonderful! We stayed just across the bridge from the main pool in Magnolia Bend :blush:
Everything we saw was beautiful and so well maintained.

1 Like

I would add that if your priorities are DS restaurants then staying at CBR would not make a ton of sense for you. The offer buses but it obviously less convenient than POR. We didn’t go to DS once, so it didn’t matter to me.

2 Likes