Cash okay in this weird COVID time?

Planning to give each kiddo some spending money for the week. Love them getting the experience of handling the cash themselves rather than me swiping my card BUT I believe Disney is encouraging cashless payments.
Can they still use cash for snacks and merch?

Cash can be used, although you can’t mobile order that way.

As an alternative, why not buy some Disney gift cards and load them up with the amount you would give them in cash? That’s what we did. Worked nicely because they could still budget their spending on their own and pay, etc., without dealing with cash directly.

2 Likes

Good thoughts and point on mobile ordering. Gift cards was a thought but we’re also splitting some time at Universal and have some Hardy Potter fans so don’t want to be locked in either place. May just be flexible and have some cash but also not be rigid to be willing to use my cards.

1 Like

Another option…buy Visa or Mastercard gift cards. Then they can used at both locations. Downside is that they tend to have a small activation fee.

1 Like

True! Those activation fees drive me nuts! Appreciate the ideas. Glad to know there are options.

1 Like

You can sometimes get them from your bank without fees. In place of the old travelers checks that no one uses anymore, some banks have started using cards.

1 Like

Good point! I’m a bit weary of giving the kids cards by I know they think the cards are shiny and cool…kind of like how adults often think cards are shiny and cool and miss some of the financial principals of how budgeting and money work. Not to go all Dave Ramsey here…point is, there are options still, including cash!

2 Likes