Carry out alcohol from BOG?

Is anyone going to notice if I pour some champagne in my opaque water bottle to go? We’re on the dining plan, and it seems wasteful to not get a glass of champagne for each adult even though my husband and mom don’t really drink! I guess this question actually applies to all of our meals that we eat on the dining plan. In fact, maybe I should save up some wine and sneak it in for the meals not on the dining plan!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And as I read that I realize just how ridiculous I am. Pay for club level rooms and fastpasses…sure! Pay for a glass of wine at dinner…not if I can sneak in a free one! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Just drink it all at the meal!

4 Likes

3 glasses of champagne at an 8am breakfast before rollercoasters sounds good in theory…

5 Likes

I like your thinking.:joy: I seriously don’t think anyone will notice if you pour champagne into your water bottle. But how long is it really going to last?

2 Likes

It’s basically grape juice, it’s good for you!

3 Likes

Exactly. It will be flat and probably warm by the time you drink it later.

5 Likes

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Since its all private property, it might not be an issue, but a lot of liquor laws don’t allow drinks to be taken off the premises. Something to consider.

4 Likes

Good argument for drinking it all at the restaurant.

2 Likes

Yes! That’s what I’m saying!

3 Likes

Yep–just agreeing. You don’t want champagne to go to waste.

2 Likes

Once it goes flat it’s basically white wine. And they say that most people tend to drink white wine at too low of a temperature, so an hour or so after pouring and it’ll probably be just right.

4 Likes

That’s my thinking. At most meals I would get red wine, which would travel fine, but champagne seems more appropriate at breakfast!

2 Likes

Definitely be a radical and make sure you make use of that champagne. Whether it be at breakfast or in a water bottle to go. Pour at the hip and look forward. What is that over there?? ::points in other direction::

4 Likes

It mixes better with orange juice, for sure!

I wonder how much of the clear liquid passing through the bag check is actually Tito’s.

A few years back I went to WS when the family was at Universal, (because I can’t do those rides), and had lunch at Tutto Gusto. I wanted to buy a bottle of wine, but was told that it had to be opened- I guess something about not selling packaged liquor.

Anyway, I took the whole bottle back to the room at the YC. We never got around to drinking it, and in the morning of our last day, I decided not to let it go to waste. The family really noticed- suddenly I didn’t care if we kept to the TP or not! It made for a laid-back, if unproductive, last day.

The upshot of it was that the family suggested maybe I ought to do more day drinking on our WDW trips. :joy: Or try to plan less, I suppose, but that’s pretty unlikely.

5 Likes

I’ll get my kids to create a distraction!

I say with absolute certainty…you should!

No juice for this girl! I like my alcohol straight!

4 Likes

Oh, so you’re going to side with my family, huh? :rofl:

2 Likes

Hah!

Honestly 13/10 I strongly recommend. There are few things more delightful and relaxing than day drinking at WDW, especially at Epcot.

2 Likes

First DVC, and now drinking the alcohol? And in daylight, instead of under cover of shame-hiding darkness? It’s because of louche degeneracy like yours that the formerly Sacred Spaces have become a blasted hellscape that makes the director’s cut of A Clockwork Orange look like The Palm Beach Story.

Well, I don’t condone (or enjoy) being sloppy drunk anywhere. So. I can’t be blamed for those people…

I do, however, enjoy sipping a beer while strolling around World Showcase, soaking up the sunshine. :nerd_face: Maybe a second beer if I’m feeling wild.

3 Likes