Canucks do Disney World: A 16th turned 18th birthday trip

What an amazing trip you are having!!

3 Likes

Day 4

Our string of incredible days continued. Up early to rope drop MK planning to park hop to Epcot in the afternoon. Got ILLs for GOTG for 2:45. Was planning to get LLs for BTMR but for some reason at 7 am it was showing return times of 12:00! Every other ride showed 9:00. So we pivoted and grabbed a 9:00 Haunted Mansion instead.

We ended up right at the rope to Tomorrowland again. There was something being filmed on the terrace next to the bridge and I think it was Ed Sheeran! It certainly looked like him.

Walked right onto Space and then did Buzz. I continue to be pretty bad at it but I still enjoy it! We then headed over to Frontierland where Splash was down. The line for BTMR was halfway down the bridge and claimed a 40 minute wait but we were on and off in about 15. Used our LL for HM. The poor little girl in front of us began sobbing after the stretching room insisting that she “didn’t want to go!” I felt so bad for her. Her mom ended up taking her out the exit while dad and brother did the ride. Got a LL for POC for 10:20. Since that was still thirty minutes away we rode IASW and Under the Sea which both had 5 minute waits. Rode POC and then watched the Tiki Room show. It’s goofy but so fun!

It was now about 11:30. We decided to take the boat over to Polynesian and eat lunch at Captain Cook’s. There are a lot of good choices on the menu there. I had the Thai Coconut Meatballs. At 12:47 I refreshed BG1 for a few minutes until a return time after 2 pm showed up for Remy. Got 2:15! The drops have been very handy.

We headed over to the TTC monorail at 1:30 to go to Epcot. There was no wait for the train so we actually got there about 1:40. We found a shady spot and waited until 2:00 before tapping into the park.

Made the long walk to France for our first ride on Remy. What a cute fun ride! Booked a 3:15 LL for Soarin’ then walked all the way back to GOTG. This ride was amazing! We got September as our song. I love the way the music enhances the ride. And Drax is hilarious.

We went through a continuous string of (mostly unnecessary) LLs to ride Soarin’, Living with the Land, The Seas with Nemo, Spaceship Earth and Figment before our 5:45 dining reservation at La Hacienda de San Angel. DH and I shared the seafood platter for two. Delicious! While we dined I got BG181 for GOTG at the 6:00 drop. Then I picked up a 7:00 LL for FEA at the 6:47 drop. My family is in awe of how well BG1 is working!

After dinner we rode Gran Fiesta Tour and FEA. Then we wandered World Showcase looking for desserts at the festival booths. Picked the apple crumble tart and the maple cheesecake. Both good.

It was still only 8:30 and our BG was expected to be called at 9:10 so we thought we would ride Soarin’ again. Partway there our BG got called and we turned back to GOTG and basically walked on. The song this time was One Way or the Other which my family liked even more than September.

Walked out of the park to the bus stop as the fireworks were going off. Such a great day!

Tomorrow we transfer from AKL to BC. Planning to drive to Typhoon Lagoon for the morning then check in at BC before heading to Hollywood Studios in the afternoon. Want to get ILLs for ROTR and LLs for MFSR.

17 Likes

:astonished: I would have stopped right then and thrown all plans out.

Excellent choice.

Jealous.

6 Likes

I’m jealous you got One Way or Another!

4 Likes

We found both songs (September and One Way or Another) to be great. I hope we’ll get a third song tomorrow.

4 Likes

very cool celeb sighting. I love him!

4 Likes

I had September twice and didn’t like it.

1 Like

Such a productive day! I guess I might have to try BG1 after all🤷‍♀️

3 Likes

What a great day!!

1 Like

Day 5

So the heat started to catch up with us today. I swear it was hotter than the surface of the sun this afternoon! We still had a good day but came back to the hotel immediately after supper to cool down and relax.

It was checkout day at AKL today. Woke up at 6 to shower and pack before heading to Typhoon Lagoon. Looked out from our balcony a little before 7:00 to see a giraffe sitting on the ground in front of us and a smaller giraffe (mom and child?) eating from one of the food boxes in the trees. I have never seen a giraffe sitting before! A very nice last experience with the animals.

Loaded up the van and were on our way to Typhoon Lagoon a little before 9:00. We had a very pleasant morning there. While in line for our very first slide, the family raft ride, I looked behind us and saw a familiar looking family. It was @LKriz ! I had to rush back to say hi. My first ever liner meet! :grinning:

We only stayed at TL until a bit after noon. We enjoy going to water parks but after a few slides and a lazy river we are happy to relax on a lounge chair for a bit and then head out.

Drove over to Beach Club to check in. Our room wasn’t ready so we left the luggage with bell services and caught the boat to HS. We only planned to stay for a couple of hours since we had dining reservations at Via Napoli at 5:30. I had been stacking LLs all morning and we had an ILL for ROTR.

Got to HS around 2:00. Had to stop for some carrot cake cookies! Then we made our way to Batuu. I really wanted to love it there because I’m a huge Star Wars fan but it was so hot and we had a terrible time figuring out where anything was! Millennium Falcon is hidden around so many curves that I was so completely stressed out by the time we finally found it that I couldn’t really appreciate it. I hope when we go back on Friday that I will be able to relax and enjoy the experience.

We rode both MFSR and ROTR. I enjoyed both but must admit that I liked GOTG better. Then we did RnRC and Star Tours. I was once again the rebel spy! It was almost 4:30 so we went to catch the boat to Epcot. We were baking in the boat. By the time we got to International Gateway we were all sweaty and exhausted. Luckily, dinner was fantastic and helped perk us up a bit. I love the pizza at Via Napoli. We stopped at the gelateria to get some gelato and zeppole for the walk to BC.

Our room number was available in MDE so we stopped at bell services to get them to send up our bags before finding the room. We’re pretty far from the lobby but the exit closest to our room takes us out right by the bridge over to Boardwalk! Grabbed some breakfast food from the Marketplace and called it a night.

19 Likes

Yay!!

Good plan.

5 Likes

Batuu is so confusing!! It sounds like a fun day even with the heat.

4 Likes

You did well! By 2pm we headed out and hibernated in the hotel during the afternoon. Was great meeting you!

7 Likes

Yes, the Star Wars area is lots of fun but we get lost there every time!

5 Likes

Enjoying your trip report! I’m interested to see what you think about BC. It’s on my short list for our next trip–would love to see any pictures/read any thoughts you feel like posting.

Now I have to catch up on your days at Universal.

5 Likes

I will try to include some thoughts on both resorts at the end of the trip. We love the location of BC It was a two minute walk to Epcot from our room this morning!

5 Likes

Day 6, Part 1

Since our room is so close to Epcot, we decided to try for a boarding group for GOTG in our room at 7:00 then walk to IG for rope drop. BG1 came through like a champ again! I got boarding group 1!! We also grabbed a 8:30 LL for Test Track.

We were right at the rope at IG. They let us in around 7:30. We went straight over to France to ride Remy. We were off the ride by 8:00!

Walked from France to Norway stopping for a picture of SE.

Rode FEA next and were done by 8:30. Our boarding group was called by then and we went for our third ride on GOTG. The song this time was I Ran. Really loving the music selections! Used our LL for Test Track and grabbed one for Soarin’. We rode that and Living with the Land then made our way back to France to eat lunch at Les Halles. The sandwiches there are so good. We decided to watch the Beauty and the Beast Sing Along. Very cute! By the time it was done Les Artisans des Glace was open so we stopped for ice cream. While we were inside a heavy sun shower started. We always seem to get rain when we stop in France! Luckily it didn’t last long and was done by the time we ate our ice cream.

We then walked back to BC to enjoy a relaxing afternoon. What a great morning! Rode all the rides we wanted and had a fantastic lunch. Everyone’s getting ready for the pool right now. We’ll head back to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo later.

16 Likes

Really can’t be beat for EP

4 Likes

Fantastic morning! Enjoy TE, one of our favourites.

2 Likes

Awesome!!!

3 Likes